Chapter 56

NEXT DAY

ROMAN

Yesterday was the best day of my life. I saved Rita's mother. I proposed to Rita. I fucked Rita. I got her moan a yes.

I knew she was too happy - after getting her mother back - to say no to me. Therefore, I didn't delay my proposal and did it the same day.

I only wanted to see her smile. I wanted to make her happy. I loved her, and I wanted to be a family with her.

I felt peace that I had managed to save her mother and my siblings before he could kill them all.

I was relieved that she wouldn't blame me for her mother's death. Now she saw me as her mother's savior - not the man who was complicit in her death.

She trusted me again. I wanted her to know she could rely on me - that she was my family and I'd die to save my family. That was also why I saved the fucker I called brother - sitting in front of me.

"Why are you grinning?" he asked me with a frown. "I am just happy," I claimed with a shrug.

"Can't be because of me," he muttered with a huff. "No," I chuckled, shaking my head, "I fucked Rita yesterday, making her moan yes."

"As long as she doesn't moan no, you're doing great?" he muttered confused. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I proposed, dipshit." I smirked, leaning back in my leather chair and lighting a cigarette - puffing the smoke in his direction.

"Wow, congratulations." He muttered. "You must be really loving her, huh?"

"I was ready to die for her - she is my everything," I admitted him. "If I knew you love her, I would never hand her to him, I thought she was just another fling of yours," he remarked with a sigh.

"She is not a fling, but soon my wife, I want you to treat her like you treat Mia - like family," I told him firmly.

"I will." He nodded his head. "But how will I be treated? What's my position? Why did you take my from Antonio?"

"I don't want my brother to work for my enemy, or to die at the enemy's hands," I sighed, smoking my cigarette to the end. "You can work for me." I offered him a cigarette.

"Let's say I accept to work for you, can you trust me? After all, I was ready to work with Antonio against you," he told me, taking a cigarette from the package.

"I will trust you, I am ready to forgive and give you a chance," I told him - he looked at me surprised.

"You? That's hard to believe unless you have fallen on your head." He huffed.

"I have fallen in love, and if she is ready to forgive and give me a chance, who am I not to do the same for my dipshit brother?" I smirked.

"She really changed you for good," he said, looking at me surprised.

"She is the best thing that ever happened to me in this fucked up life," I told him, smiling broadly while thinking about my fiancé. "And? Are you going to work for me?"

He nodded his head with a sigh. "I have no other choice anyway. I am going to need protection from all the enemies I've gotten while working for Antonio over the years. If you give me protection, then I'll be ready to work for you."