Chapter 11

Rita's pov

You know what I said about surviving this car ride? I take it all back. And let me tell you something:

Driving the car was worse than escaping the onslaught in the mansion.

I felt like I was taking my first driving lesson, the only difference was that my driving instructor wasn't a patient man, but an impatient murderer who was hardly holding him back from strangling me because of my poor driving skills.

"Lucifer, please take my soul and let me help you rule hell!" he said, looking up and taking a deep breath as I wondered why he was looking up, shouldn't hell be somewhere down?

"I'm at the end of my bloody patience!" he hissed at me as he looked back at me murderously.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, not even knowing what I'd done wrong now. I knew I made a lot of mistakes while driving, but for God's sake I haven't driven for almost three years!

And I was bad at gear shifting! I literally killed the engine three times, but he still didn't want to switch places and drive.

I wondered if he wanted me to drive to sober me up or needed my poor driving skills as an excuse to scream at me and let his frustration out. At least the streets were lightened, otherwise I'd do an accident very soon as I was night-blind.

"Don't apologize, fix it!" he demanded me. Gulping, I looked at him hesitantly, not knowing what the hell I should fix.

Honestly, if he continued screaming at me aggressively, I'd literally pee in my pants.

"W-What do you want me to fix?" I asked timidly, still looking at him as he grabbed the steering wheel with a cuss, fixing it, as I almost drove the car off the road.

"Do you want to kill us? Look at the damn street!" he hissed at me with his eyes were on the street.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized, turning my head back to the road, sweating from anxiety, at the edge of crying. "And I am sorry but I really don't understand what you want me to do. What do you want me to fix?"

Sighing, he let out a frustrated chuckle, looking at me expectantly. "What can you do? We're in a local area," he said, looking at his phone.

"It's three in the morning. There are no cars or people around. The streets are yours and I'm bleeding from my ass! Does anything I said ring some bells here?" He tapped my head with the gun.

"You are really shot in your ass?" I asked him shocked. I thought he was bluffing about being shot in the ass on the phone earlier in order not to get back into the mansion again.

Now I knew why he didn't want to drive either. It must hurt to move your legs while being shot in the ass.

"From everything I've said, you only noted that I'm shot in my ass? Seriously?" he asked me, sounding pissed off.

I frowned, looking lost, I had no clue what he wanted from me and I didn't want to say anything stupid and anger him more than I already did after seeing how he murdered my hubby before my eyes.

Chewing on my lip, I tried to think rationally for a second before saying, "You want me to pull over and treat your wound?"

"No, damn it! I want you to step on the accelerator! Otherwise I'll bleed out of my fucking ass before we arrive! And before I die, I'll kill you!" he snapped at me.

"But, we are in a local area, I can't drive any faster," I explained why I couldn't drive any faster.

"Fucking hell! I just killed many men and ripped your husband's guts out! Do I look like I give a shit about exceeding the speed limit?" he hissed angrily at me, making me jump in my seat.