Chapter 4

Roman's pov

The nursery.

A room, I was quite familiar with, as I was the babysitter of the Alessi babies for many years.

Leaning against the door frame with my arms crossed, I watched Helena dress Alana while talking to her like she understood a shit she said.

Then, she picked her up from her crib and held her in her arms, a smile playing on her lips, before looking up and noticing my presence. "Roman!" she squealed happily as she approached me.

"Capo said you missed me, so I decided to visit you before flying to Mexico tomorrow," I smiled at her, pulling her for a hug.

"I'm glad you're back," she said, hugging me back. "I guess you're the only one missing my annoying ass," I chuckled, feeling very welcomed by her.

"Don't be silly!" she scolded me as if I was a child, slapping my chest. "You know they missed you too, they're just too proud to admit it, and the kids love you too. And I'm sorry about that ..."

Looking down at her, I saw that her gaze was on my shirt. Then, I saw a wet spot on my shirt, this little devil drooled on me. Though I couldn't blame the baby for drooling all over me, I knew I was hot.

"It's okay, I'm used to your children's drooling on me, they all did it, it's like tradition," I smiled at the baby in her my arms. "She looks like you, I wonder if she's as clumsy as you are?"

"Don't be mean," she muttered, rolling her eyes before pushing the baby into my arms, "here, you want to hold her. We named her Alana Annabelle Alessi."

Taking Alana from her, I nestled her in my arms. And I couldn't help but smile, she looked so tiny. Then, she smiled at me.

"She likes you," Helena giggled, kissing her baby's hand, before sitting on the couch.

"Of course she does, who wouldn't love me?" I asked with a cocky grin before sitting on the couch next to her.

"I normally find babies ugly, they look like aliens, but she's cute, yours is always good quality. And they look pretty, which is normal by a hot mom and sexy dad," I told her honestly.

"Stop! You're talking about my kids as if they are products," she huffed, shaking her head. "Yeah, but with good quality," I smirked as she looked at me annoyed.

She got annoyed quickly. I rolled my eyes. Women always got mad for no reason. And Helena was the living proof of it.

Here I was complimenting her that she popped out babies with good quality and instead of thanking me for my compliment, she got offended.

"You're unbelievable," she sighed. "That's what most women say when they sleep with me," I agreed with her.

"Talking about women, have you been seeing anyone lately?" she asked me curiously. "Si," I said, nodding my head.

"Who?" she asked me, a big smile on her face. "Prostitutes," I told her, rocking Alana in my arms.

And the smile on her face died with my answer. "Roman!" She slapped my bicep.

"What the fuck Helena! You can't hit me! I'm holding a baby!" I remarked, gesturing to Alana in my arms.

"She's good! Even laughing!" she claimed, and the little devil was seriously laughing at her mother's evil deeds. "And if you don't give a decent answer I'll entertain my baby more by slapping the shit out of you!"

"Fine," I sighed, giving in, "if I say no, will you try to set me up on a blind date again?" I looked at her suspiciously.

"I only did this in order to help you to build up your own family and find happiness! I mean, don't you want to have kids? You're doing so great with Cara, Alanzo and Lucia! You practically raised them! You'd be a great father!" she justified her actions from the past.