Chapter 50

Rita's pov

I woke up to complete darkness.

I gasped. Everything was a dream. I was back in the cell. I never left it — my mind played with me.

"No, no, no, no," I muttered, getting up from my sitting position. "Let me out! Please, let me out!"

Tripping over my own feet, I shrieked, falling onto the ground. Everything was dark.

Tapping around with my hands on the ground, I tried to find something to hold on to get up.

But there was nothing — only emptiness. Like in the cell. Was I really back? Have I ever left?

Curling to a ball on the ground, I let out a cry — feeling vulnerable. My chest was rising up and down, I felt like drowning, feeling all hot, sweat was running down my spine.

They were going to starve me again. They were going to treat me like an animal again. They were freeze me again.

I heard footsteps. I panted. They were coming to kill me. I whimpered as the footsteps got louder.

I thought I was drowning in the darkness, but then everything brightened up. I saw again.

I saw Roman standing near the door, his hand on the light switch. Worry was reflecting in his eyes as his eyes met mine. He walked towards me.

When he was right in front of me, he cradled me in his arms like an infant. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I didn't let go when he put me on the bed.

I was holding on him for my dear life — scared to let go, even scared to blink because I hated the darkness after my days in the cells.

"No, don't let go," I hiccuped as he wanted to pull away. "I am not, I am never letting go of you," he told me calmly, sitting on the bed and moving me on his lap.

"Are you alright? What happened?" he asked, my cheek was pressed against his chest. His shirt wet from my tears.

"Darkness ..." I gulped. "Right, the lights weren't on, you didn't close them?" he asked, brushing my hair behind my ear.

"No," I sighed, shaking my head. "I thought, I was back there."

"You are safe, I promise you I will not let him hurt you anymore," he promised me.

Even if I was safe now, I wasn't happy, I had nightmares, and I was worried sick about my mother.

I tried to avoid stress and eat regularly for a healthy pregnancy, but I couldn't help, and felt depressed about everything that happened to me.

I had anxiety. "He can't get inside the mansion, right?" I asked him, still trembling.

"No, he can't, not a single person can enter without getting noticed, every entry is guarded and watched from the CTV room," he remarked, kissing my hand.

"Do you feel better?" he asked, his thumb drawing circles on my palm as he still held my hand. "Your hands are cold, are you taking your vitamins?"

"Not today, I didn't eat yet," I admitted, looking at the breakfast tray on the bedside table.

"I can see," he hummed, taking the tray and putting it on my lap, "but you have to eat, Rita."

"I can eat myself." I blushed as he was about to feed me. "Alright, go ahead," he muttered, watching me.

Sighing, I started to eat some fruit. "I can't eat when you watch my every bite, it's creepy."

It made me nervous, his gaze was always intense, while looking at me. My hands were already shaky, but they shakier under gaze.