Chapter 4

(Warning: swears, slurs, angst and graphic descriptions of blood and gore)

"Where the hell are we?!" Yuri grumbled from the back seat of the cruiser. She, along with MC, Kaitlyn, and another officer named Ruby, were leading two more cars, four officers each, in the search for Natsuki's house. It had been well over thirty minutes since everyone left the police station, and their GPS was constantly acting up; every time they would get close, the GPS would reroute their location over and over again, leaving them completely lost.

"Listen, Yuri, I know you're frustrated; I am, too," Kaitlyn replied from the passenger seat. She turned around to face Yuri and MC and added, "but obviously, this house exists; the GPS is trying to take us there, but it keeps rerouting us."

"I still don't understand what we're doing wrong here," Ruby sighed. "And I'm sure the other two cars are getting agitated too."

"It's going to be dark, soon," Yuri said. "If we can't find it now, there's no way we'll be able to find it where we can't see. And we're just going in circles! We've passed Raspberry Avenue three times already!!"

"Wait, we have?!" MC questioned, suddenly perking up.

"Oh, my god, MC! Pay attention!!" Yuri shouted, eyes burning. "Have you not-?"

"Nono, wait, seriously!" MC interrupted, frantically waving his hand at Yuri. "I-I-I knew all of this looked familiar, but I didn't realize...a-and there was something weird..." he trailed off, an intense expression washing over his face. The car got quiet again before MC perked up again and shouted, "Slow down! The GPS is gonna tell you to turn soon; before you get on Peach Street, there's gonna be a small patch of dirt off the side of the road!"

"What?! What does that have to do with-?" Kaitlyn began to ask. She was interrupted by Ruby who slammed on the breaks and cried amidst the yelps of the other passengers, "Look! It's a dirt road!"

"This road doesn't have a name, and it's not showing up on the GPS. On top of that, it looks like it goes deep into the woods," Kaitlyn analyzed. "Could this be the road we were looking for?"

"Then how did Monika know it was called Flour Road?" MC asked. That's when Yuri piped up with, "That's because it is Flour Road! Look!"

She pointed to the other side of the street; sure enough, the paved road that led into a quaint neighborhood directly across the road from the dirt path was labeled Flour Road. How on Earth did we miss that?

"What do you think are the chances that whatever building is at the end of this road is not legal?" Ruby dryly muttered.

"Likely enough to reasonably assume that this is where we need to be going," Kaitlyn answered. "Step on it! We don't have any more time to waste!"

With that, Ruby sped down the dirt road as fast as she safely could, the other two police cars in tow. The path was extremely narrow and rocky, so it was difficult to navigate, but they pressed on.

"It's a good thing MC spotted this," Ruby pointed out after a few moments of tense silence. "Who knows how much longer we would have gone in circles if he hadn't seen this road?"

"Agreed," Yuri nodded. She turned to MC and said, "I'm really glad you came with us; thank you."

"Of course!" MC smiled sympathetically. "I may not know much, but I do know that I love Natsuki, and I want to protect her, too."

"I admire that, MC," Yuri said. She hugged him and added, "She's lucky to have you for a big brother."

"And she's lucky to have you as a girlfriend," MC responded.