Chapter 4: They Are The Prey and I Am The Hunter

On the next day, Akuma sat atop a roof of a random house close to the gate that led to the inner wall. It was early morning and the sun was just rising so the streets were relatively empty and the ones that could be predominantly seen were the Survey Corps.

All of them rode on horses and were leaving through the gates as the soldiers guarding the wall were there to see them off, even Hannes was awake but he kept on holding on to his forehead in pain from the searing hangover he had.

Erwin looked around then up at the roofs until he spotted Akuma, they stared at each other intensely and Erwin gave her a nod to which Akuma returned in affirmation of their understanding. Erwin lifted up his hood and passed through the gates as other soldiers passed through as well and Akuma stood up while watching the gates close.

She ran to the edge of the roof and jumped to another roof, doing the same to more houses and eventually landed on familiar territory away from the gates. She yawned as she walked along the dirt path and stretched her arms to ease the tension but stopped when she spotted it.

'That house...' Akuma thought as she stared at Mikasa's former home and got brief flashes of what happened that day.

She approached the house and peeped through the windows but the curtains were closed and blocked everything. She rolled her eyes and went to open the door but it was locked.

Keyword was, since Akuma just kicked it open anyway and it fell out of its hinges. She shrugged uncaringly and entered the abandoned house to find that all the furniture was still there but the blood and corpses were gone.

"Didn't take them long to clean it up." Akuma commented as she sniffed the air and the scent of blood still hanged over the house but it was barely there.

She walked through each room, not really knowing what she was looking for or why she was even there. Once she entered the last room, she found it to be a bed room with relatively large bed and on the center of the bed sat a neatly folded red scarf.

Akuma picked up the scarf and sniffed it, the scent was familiar to her but still different. It partly had Mikasa's scent but the most dominant one was something she could recognize but not accurately put her finger on, she had only smelt this scent once and the fact that it also had some residue of Mikasa meant that...that was when Akuma widened her eyes as she finally recognized the scent.

Akuma sighed as she folded the scarf into a small patch and put it into her pocket "I should at least give this to her, it would be something to remember her mother by at least."

~

Clark Connors was a butcher in Shiganshina and newly retired soldier. After his traumatic encounter with the Nine Tails, Clark decided that there would be no hope for humanity and chose to live a more peaceful life as he waited for his eventual death.

As a butcher he's faced many cases that could be solved easily since his training as a soldier helped him with blade work and chopping smaller meat was no problem for him. Although yesterday he had a strange case when frequent customer of his rushed to him and demanded almost all of his stock since all of his cooked meat was stolen by rebellious children.

And now Clark had woken up early in the morning to head to the farms and stock up on some meat or else his business would shut down then and there.

~

Multiple loud bangs were rocked upon a wooden door and the occupants were both surprised and confused once they heard whoever was knocking arguing outside of their home.

"Akuma you said you would knock." Armin stated.

"I did didn't I!?" Akuma exclaimed.

"That was knocking? I thought you were trying to break the door down." Armin retorted.