Mick Schumacher (PM request)

'There's not a thing that I would change, 'Cause you're amazing, Just the way you are'

"I can't do this," I said as I sat steady in my car. I hands gripped my steering wheel as I stared out the window and at the home my boyfriend's parents lived in. "Oh my God," I talked to myself as I felt my hands shaking. "I have to do this, this is crazy."

Mick came out of the front door, he looked confused as he looked at me sitting in my car with the engine still running and my hands on the wheel. He came to the car and opened the passenger door and bent over as he looked at me, "Alex, are you okay?"

I tore my eyes away from the house and in his direction. "I think I am going to be sick," I said quietly as my eyes widened and my heart sped up. 

He chuckled as he got into the seat and reached across and turned my engine off then removed my keys from the car as he watched my horrified face. "Alexandra Louise Jenkins," he used my full name as he cupped my cheeks and stared into my eyes. "Do you think I would set you up to fail?" He brushed his thumbs over my jawline before he smiled at me. "You and me are going to walk into my parent's home as a couple," he assured me. "There is nothing I want more than for you to meet my parents, I promise you that."

My hands hooked onto his muscly arms as I found myself falling into those baby blues. "But why did it have to be Christmas?" 

Mick leaned forward and pressed a kiss on the tip of my nose before he chuckled, "You are so cute when you are all worked up."

I pouted at him as I pulled his hands off my face, "Well..." I sighed as I turned from him and looked in the mirror. "If you insist on me meeting them today, then stop messing up my foundation."

"There she is," he teased before he got out my vehicle. 

Taking a deep breath, I got out before I went around to the boot of the car. "So, I brought the gifts with me." 

Mick helped me with the bags from the boot before he took me into the house. Leaving the bags in the hall, Mick took my right hand and held it in his left. "I know you're nervous," he said as I felt my hand shaking. "But I'm going to be by your side all night, I promise."

When he pushed the door open, I was surprised by the sight in front of me. I expected to see his family sitting around the tree, maybe playing a game or watching the telly, instead there was a party happening. The music was at a loud level but the chatter was high. 

"Come on," Mick said with a smile as he led the way. 

Keeping hold of his hand, I walked alongside him until he stopped at the sofa by the Christmas tree. Sitting there was his mother and father, there was no mistaking them. Mick looked so much like his dad, it was almost unreal. 

"Mum, Dad," Mick said with a grin. I kept my fingers laced through his, afraid if I let go I would begin to shake again. "This is Alexandra."

His mother stood up and smiled at me, "Oh, love. I've heard so much about you." She pulled me into a hug, my hand slipping from Mick's as I allowed the woman to embrace me. 

Once his mother stepped away, she looked me up and down but with a grin on her lips the whole time. 

"Nice to meet you, finally," Mick's father stood up and offered his hand to me. 

I nervously shook it, "Nice to meet you too, both of you." I corrected myself as I felt Mick put an arm around me keeping me close. 

"Gina!" Mick's mother called his sister's name out. 

My eyes met Mick's, I was nervous about  meeting her the most. Mick assured me his parents would love me but Gina, she was a different story, she was expressive with her looks and not so quick to welcome someone new into the family. 

I kept a smile on my lips as a woman approached. "Gina," Mick said getting her attention but the woman stopped him. Oh, she definitely looked like Mick, but in a much more feminine way.

"Alexandra, right?" Gina asked as she looked at me with wide eyes. 

Nodding, I managed to choke some words out, "Yes, you must be Gina." Oh, I felt so stupid when I said those words. 

Gina raised her eyebrows, she looked at her brother before she looked back at me. "Nice to finally meet you, honestly Mick hasn't shut up about you." Gina put an arm around me pushing Mick away as she escorted me towards the bar. "Now, lets get you enjoying this Chrsitmas party."

"Gina, I can-" Mick tried to intervene but his sister gave him a look. 

She shook her head as she turned back to me and grinned. "He just doesn't want me to tell you any embarrassing stories." She laughed as she winked at me. The families friendliness had me wondering what I was worried about after all.