#12 - Lewis Hamilton

'I'll make it through the rainy days, I'll be the one who stands here longer than the rest'

Holding my phone to my ear, I had a massive grin on my face as I listened to the phone ring. When it transferred to Lewis' voicemail, I was not surprised. Who on earth would be awake at this God-forsaken hour?

"Helene," my sister looked at me as I put my phone on the bed. "Are you okay?"

I nodded as I looked around the room, my mind in disbelief of my situation. "It's..." I leaned back on the bed and looked at the ceiling. "It's all happened so quickly."

Fleur sat on the bed next to me, she put an arm around me before she kissed me on the temple. "You are going to be okay," she assured me. "With or without Lewis."

She got up as my phone began to ring. I answered it, Fleur giving me a small nod as she left leaving me to take the phone call. "Lewis?"

"Helene, it's 5 am. What do you want?" Lewis sounded like he had just woken up, I wasn't surprised, it was Christmas day and there was no real reason for him to be awake at this time. 

Taking a deep breath, I nodded to myself. "I know what time it is," I told him. Even though I was in France, I knew what the time difference was, I just knew this was important. "I've just had a baby."

He was silent for a moment, "That's not even funny, Helene. It's Christmas day, it's early. Stop messing around." He sounded angry about what I had told him, even though I was currently sat in a hospital with a small baby in a cot next to my bed, surrounded by sleeping mothers and babies. 

"I'm not joking," I sighed as I looked at the child I had just birthed. "It's a boy," I explained as I stared at the baby who looked awfully like his father. "He's yours."

"He can't be," Lewis told me as I heard moving the background. "Helene, we took precautions. You took the morning after pill when the condom split. Why didn't you tell me before now?!"

I closed my eyes, I knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him, I was going to try though. "I didn't know myself. Only a few hours ago, I was at a Christmas party." I shook my head as I thought about my careless actions. "Your baby is lying in a crib next to me right now." I got to my feet, walking towards the window which was by my bed, I looked out at the hospital gardens. "I don't want you to do anything, Lewis. I don't need anything from you," I explained as I put my head on the cold glass. "I just needed you to know."

"If you didn't want me to do anything, you wouldn't have told me."

My eyes opened as I watched the world outside, the darkness passing through and the stars in the sky. I knew I wasn't going to win this argument. "It's Christmas day, Lewis. Enjoy it with whoever you are choosing to spend it with," I turned back to look at my new son. "I'll be spending it with my son." I ended the call on the phone then turned it to silent as I walked back to my bed. 

I didn't need him to help me, I didn't need anything. Everything I needed was right here.