【7-1】

"Levi! Don't forget!" K.C's big blue eyes sparkled. She had her hands on my lap to help her jump up and down, her black curls bounced as she did. Her bubbly behavior was very distracting while I was reading a report.

"Yeah, yeah. I've got it." I said trying to brush her off. "Friday... Parent Meeting... Auditions."

"Okie! One more thing, then I'll be out of your hair!" K.C announced. She stopped jumping. "Are you feeling better from last night?" She asked.

I looked up from the paper and down at K.C. I placed a hand on her head and ruffled her hair. "I'm fine." I told her. "... Thank you for asking." I said which came out awkwardly. I was trying to be nicer to her. She was the only family I had left anyway.

She smiled and ran off to do something else, giving me time to concentrate. Instead of doing that, I stared at her. I really did want to be a good dad.

After last night, I booked an appointment with my psychologist. I bought a bunch of parenting books and read a bunch of online articles. Yet, I still didn't know what the hell I was doing.

"K.C, let's go." I told her. I was dropping her off with Jean and his boyfriend, Marco, while I went to my appointment. There was nothing special about the car trip. When we arrived at Jean's apartment, I had a short conversation with Marco. I trusted him a lot more than I did Jean and I made that known.

With that, I went to my psychologist's building, she was able to squeeze me in. I looked at the place. Tch. Isn't there a way to do this without talking about my feelings? I turned off my car and stepped out. I entered the building and went up to her floor.

"How can I help you?" The receptionist said.

"I'm here for an appointment with Dr. Snow." I answered.

"Of course. She'll be right with you... It's good to see you back. Mr. Ackerman." The receptionist said, remembering me. I simply took a seat and waiting. I tapped my finger on my knee while keeping count to calm myself. I didn't understand why I was so anxious.

"Levi. Here you are." Dr. Snow said. "Please, follow me." Levi followed her to her room. "Please take a seat." She instructed him while she closed the door behind us. "It's been awhile. So, what triggered you wanting to book any appointment? Did anything happen? Did something disturb your environment?"

"I have a daughter I didn't even knew existed until last week. She's eight and she's staying with me during the summer."

"Do you know the mother of the child?"

"(F/n)." I answered.

"That name is back. Okay... what was your first thought when you learned this information?"

We went over my reaction and how I felt knowing this information as well as not knowing this information for so long. We went further into my feelings of sudden having a child to be responsible for and why last night was when I decided to call.

"How often to do think of (F/n) now that K.C's in your life?" Dr. Snow asked. The question slightly startled me.

"Rarely."

Obviously, that was a blunt lie. She crossed her legs and leaned forehead. "Really? There's not certain physical features or behaviors K.C exhibits that remind you of (F/n)." I didn't know what to say to that. Dr. Snow spoke again, "I can only help you if you talk to me."

"I think about (F/n) a lot more now, but it isn't that deep."

"Okay? And what thoughts come up?"

|||

"And you said recently you broke with your long term girlfriend?"
I nodded.

"I remember you get really anxious when she would travel without after what happened to your friends. Now that you have separated do you feel that same way?"