【2-1】

| | | Levi's POV | | |

K.C and I drove back to the office. She explained to that she was attending school over the summer, a ballet school. It was a 7:45 am to 1:15 pm day from Monday thru Thursday. Today was Friday and she started Monday.

It overlapped with my schedule well I left the house around that time and took a lunch break around one everyday. But I'm not a caregiver so her nanny would be the one taking care of stuff like this.

For the time being, I had to figure what I'd do between today and Monday with her.

| | |

In the afternoon, I left her alone. She basically just watched tv all day. I was on the phone with Hanji.

"Did you get the test done?" She asked.

"No." I replied. "It'll be a waste of time to prove something that's already a fact. Plus, that last thing I want is for a article to be about me leaving a DNA test service building with a little girl."

"Are you sure?" Hanji stated.

"Tch, yeah and it's not going to be as accurate without her mother here and since there's no way to her in contact with her. I'm stuck."

"Don't see it as a bad thing." Hanji said. "You have a kid. You might've missed eight years of her life, you don't have to miss any more."

"Those words would hold some weight if not for the fact that I don't do children."

"Well, you're going to have to get used to one now." Hanji said while laughing at me. "Papa Levi!"

I hung up the phone in irritation. I clicked my tongue.

Hours passed and K.C got hungry and asked for something to eat. I looked at my fridge, there were a bunch of ingredients in here. K.C crawled in between my legs to get a look at the fridge.

"Let's make something together." She said. "I'll help you get out of your boring foods."

"You can cook?" I asked her.

"It's in my blood. I watch Mommy do it all the time." She said. "Is that a yes?"

"Tch, sure." The was no harm besides food poisoning... this may have been a bad idea. I watched as K.C grabbed different items from the fridge. From the fridge, over the kitchen, and the cabinet that I had to carry her up to, she being different ingredients and placed on the table.

There was: unsalted butter, red onion, Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, tomato paste, can of crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, vegetable broth, sprigs thyme, bay leaf, sugar, heavy cream, Pullman loaf, and cheddar.

"Alright." She announced. "Are you ready for the best grilled cheese and tomato soup of your life?"

"Sure." I said nonchalantly.

I opened all the cans, chopped the onions, and grated the cheese. We did the things on the stove together.

We heated four tablespoons of butter in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Then added onion and cooked, K.C stirred often, until they softened and lightly browned around the edges.

Next, we seasoned them with salt and pepper. We added tomato paste and cook, stirring to coat onion, until tomato paste is slightly darkened in color. She made me add the canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, bay leaf, and sugar because she didn't want it to splash on her but it would be fine if it splashed on me. Either it was fine because it didn't. We let it simmer. Season with salt and pepper and cook until flavors are melded.

We watched two episodes of a show called Haikyuu together while the mixture was cooking. K.C instructed me to remove it from heat and stir in cream. Then we removed the thyme stems and bay leaf and let cool slightly. Then puréed in a blender until smooth they were smooth.