chapter one - the search

The Finalizer was crowded with people as I pushed my way to get to the command center where Phasma was waiting for me. Kylo never had this problem with crowds. Usually, anyone who saw him out of the corner of their eye quickly moved to the side. However, I wasn't as intimidating as him. Who would be terrified of a small, five-foot, dark-haired, blue eyed girl? Yes, I was technically second in command, right below Kylo, but no one was as scared of me as they were of him. 

"You have to be assertive, Sam. Show them that you are not someone to be tested and are one of the most important people on this ship."

Kylo's voice echoed through my head. As much as he was right, there was a part of me that never truly gained the confidence he always had. However, there were certain occasions where I let my anger get the best of me. Now was one of those occasions.

"Everyone," I yelled as I took my lightsaber out of it's holster around my waste. The scream of the blade made everything silent. Everyone in the hallways stared at me with wide eyes.

"Get the hell out of my way!" Suddenly, everyone moved to the side and rushed out of my sight. I let out an annoyed sigh and let the blade die. I rushed to the command center much quicker now with an easier path ahead of me. 

As I entered, Captain Phasma turned to face me. "Making yourself known out there, I see."

"It's time these officers learned their place and some respect" I responded with a smirk.

"Yes, I agree."

Captain Phasma is the commander of the First Order stormtroopers. Her distinctive armor was similar to that of the stormtroopers, but the chromium material made her stand out. It was nice to have another woman in power around. Phasma and I were quick to become good friends. She, like Kylo, was always pushing me to be more forceful with my actions, but it was hard to accomplish. 

I gathered my thoughts to focus on the task at hand. The map of Skywalker. It was finally time that we found that Jedi and destroyed him once and for all. His death would be the start of the First Order's reign. Luke Skywalker deserved to no longer exist after everything he did to me, to Kylo...

However, I am grateful for that day. Kylo and I would never be as close if it wasn't for that. But I know how Kylo is hurting. This will help the hurt. The word Jedi will never be heard again. 

I looked over the shoulder of an officer who was zooming in on the small planet of Tuanul on their computer screen. 

"Did you send the stormtroopers yet?" I asked, nervously. 

"They are in formation and ready to be sent down to Tuanul." 

"Good" I exhaled.

"Who will you be flying with?"

"I'll go with Kylo on the Silencer." I responded, "Have you seen him?"

My question was answered soon after it was asked. Kylo Ren gathered the attention of every person in the room. His gaze slowly making its way towards me and Phasma. His presence always made a shudder go down my spine. 

Kylo Ren and I were close friends. We had met when we were just children, and started with the First Order together when we were only teenagers. He was the person I trusted most in the world. We both trained under Supreme Leader Snoke and became the great leaders we are today. Kylo is the greatest Commander the First Order has and will ever need. I respected him, admired him, and was madly in love with him.

I never thought I could love someone as much as I do him, but he could never know that. 

"It's time to go." he stated, coldly.