chapter five - focus on the dark

I made my way towards Kylo's quarters. The conversation with Snoke kept playing over and over in my head. I don't know if I am capable of helping Kylo with this. I know he did not want to see his father dead, but a part of me felt like it would help him forget about the Light. 

Killing his father is not something I think he is capable of doing, but I can't let him think I doubt him. 

As I entered his quarters, I sensed that he was distraught. The quarters of Kylo Ren were bigger than anyone else's on the ship. When you entered, you were in a dark hallway that led to many different rooms. I already knew where he was. I walked through his closet and made my way towards his secret room. This is where he went when he felt hopeless and needed to be alone with his thoughts. 

As soon as I was about to enter, the doors swooshed open and he was standing in front of me. I glanced to see his grandfather's deformed helmet back on its pedestal. 

"Was I interrupting something?" I half joked. 

Kylo Ren's grandfather was the notorious Darth Vader. Darth Vader was the most famous Sith Lord to the Empire and was responsible for the destruction of the Jedi Order. Kylo received this helmet from someone he once trusted. It was his most prized possession. 

He walked right past me and went into his closet. He pretended to fumble around with the different articles of black clothing he had hung up, like I didn't know they were all the same anyway. 

I took a seat on the large ottoman, taking in the amount of black pieces of clothes that surrounded the room on metal rods. 

"You know, I think you would look good in something red. Maybe even yellow."

Kylo turned to face me. He still wouldn't speak to me.

"No?" I asked, "Well, maybe a purple then. You know I love a deep colored purple."

"What did Snoke say to you?"

I sighed, as I cracked my knuckles, trying to distract myself from the elephant in the room, "Kylo-"

"What....did he say to you?"

His voice was as cold as ice. I knew at times like this it was better to be honest with him than lie.

"He's worried for you, just like I am...about Han Solo."

"You don't think I can kill him."

"That's not what I'm saying, Kylo. I just think it's a lot to ask of you."

I was suddenly up in the air from where I was sitting, my feet inches off the ground. My body was stiff. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. Kylo was holding me with the Force. He knew I hated when he did this, but it was also a sign of how angry he truly was.

"You don't think I know what you're up to. You and Snoke are plotting against me. You are trying to take my place."

"Kylo," I struggled to breathe, "P-Please."

"You doubt my power! You doubt my dedication to the First Order!"

He lashed out at times like this, and sometimes it was hard for me to bring him back to reality. His paranoid thoughts would take over. I wanted to scream that I didn't doubt his ability for a second. He was strong and powerful with the Force, and his father would not be able to stop him from destroying Skywalker. 

I just knew how much it would hurt him. 

My body fell to the ground. I was coughing trying to get air back into my lungs and speak to him.

"Samoria, I-"

I could hear the regret in his voice, even his modulated one. I wasn't going to allow him to get away with this outrage, though.