chapter four - unanswered questions

Kylo and I made our way out of my quarters and towards the command center. Everyone hurriedly moved out of our way, knowing better than to stand as a barrier between Kylo Ren and his destination. 

"I'm still so jealous that you can get people to do that."

I heard a small chuckle. 

The doors pushed open as we arrived. Kylo immediately went over to one of the monitors.

"Officer," I spoke up to the only man in the room, "Status on the droid."

The officer slowly stood up and gulped. 

"Oh no," I thought to myself, but Kylo definitely heard. I felt a whoosh of air as Kylo turned to face the nervous man.

"I believe your Second Commander asked you a question, Officer."

"I'm so sorry, Samoria Corr." he cleared his throat, "The droid...seems to have escaped...from Jakku."

"He escaped?" I asked angrily. 

"Yes, he...left...on a ship."

"So, the droid took over a ship and escaped? Am I hearing this right?"

"We believe that he had help from FN- 2187."

I heard Kylo activate his lightsaber. The monitor he was looking at was destroyed in a matter of seconds. The red blade slashed through it repeatedly in a moment of rage. This was like Kylo. His temper always got the best of him, more recently now than ever. This was the worst possible scenario we could have had, and it was all Hux's fault. 

"Is there anything else, Officer? Or should I let Kylo Ren kill you now?" I stated as I rubbed my temple. 

"Well, there was....there was a girl who helped them."

The officer was suddenly dragged to Kylo's hand and his throat was in his grasp. "What girl?" Kylo demanded to know.

"We are unsure at this time, Commander." 

I was taken aback. Probably just another Resistance girl who was trying to be a hero. It definitely was not something to give a second thought.

"Kylo, it doesn't matter who she is. What is more important is that we find that droid and get that map." 

"I need to know who she is." Kylo said.

A ping of jealousy hit my heart, "Why do you care? It's definitely someone from the Resistance."

"No," he stated,"This girl is not just another girl. I can feel it. We need to find her."

General Hux entered the room before I could say another word.

"The Supreme Leader has summoned us all."

"Oh, great." I stated angrily, "Just what we needed."

"Yes, well." Hux stammered, "I guess it's because things didn't go exactly to plan."

"Oh, you don't say?" I spat.  

I let my lightsaber go ablaze. The dark purple blade coming inches from Hux's face.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't decapitate you right here and now, Hux." 

"Easy, Samoria." Kylo exclaimed as he let the officer drop to the floor.

I pointed my saber at Kylo, "You don't get to say anything. If you can throw the little temper tantrum that you did a few minutes ago, then I can threaten the ginger for failing at the one job he had."

"Samoria Corr, I take full responsibility for-"

"Oh, save it for Snoke, Hux. I don't need to hear any of your excuses."