Chapter Six

"Good-night, Grunkle Stan!"

"Night, sweetheart!"

Dipper quickly stuffed his journal underneath his pillow with Journal 3 opened on his lap. It still bothered him that it was an instinct to hide his personal journal, but something told him that if Mabel knew what was happening to him she wouldn't like it. Meanwhile, Mabel crawled into her bed and called Waddles up, the pig jumping up and snuggling against Mabel's side.

"Hey, bro-bro? Do you think that we could go monster hunting tomorrow? It's been a while since we've hung out."

She wasn't wrong. Dipper has been so caught up in the new abilities that he hasn't thought about hanging out with her in a while, "Sure! I've been meaning to find this certain place in the journal. It's some sort of secret bunker thing."

Mabel squealed in excitement, "I can't wait!" she gasped as she thought of an idea, "Can we invite Soos and Wendy?!"

Dipper chuckled and nodded to earn another squeal from his sister. She snuggled into her blankets and turned to face him. Placing Journal 3 on the table beside him, Dipper turned out the light. He could hear Mabel mutter a good-night and he mumbles one back. He tried his best to fall asleep as soon as possible, not wanting to keep Tyrone waiting.

He woke up in his normal spot, making him walk to the clearing. He found that the clearing doesn't show up until a certain met-up time, which makes Dipper think he won't find it tonight until Tyrone shows up. As his theory predicted, Dipper pushed a branch out of the way to see Tyrone stepping through a portal in the middle of the clearing.

"Hey!"

Tyrone looked around a bit before spotting Dipper, him saying a small 'hi' back with a soft smile. The smile quickly went away, but it seemed forced. Without thinking about it too much, Mason meets Tyrone halfway. The pair sat down in the grass with their journals in their laps and pens in their hand.

"So, what else were you thinking about asking?"

Tyrone opened his journal and flipped through a few of the pages as he spoke, "I was wondering what role your Cipher had in your reality. Will is made to serve us, so I was wondering what his opposite does."

"Um," Mason rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't know. Not everyone in the town knows of him. It's only Gideon, Mabel, Soos, and myself who know that he exists, and that's only because of the journals."

"How'd you meet him?"

"He was trying to steal something from my Grunkle's mind for Gideon. I found out that my Grunkle hates me while we were in there, and Bill said that he could help me learn somethings about myself if I helped him with his project. I still don't know what the project is, but so far he's keeping his side of the deal."

Tyrone was writing away in his journal, a small bit of his tongue peeking out of his mouth. Mason caught himself thinking that it was cute. The thought was quickly shaken out. There's no way that a thought like that just popped into his head. Right? More thoughts began to overtake one another, but one question was more prominent than the others.

The question was one he had thought of before, and he thought he knew the answer. He was straight, he knew that. He liked girls. But was that the only gender that he liked? Was it possible that he liked boys along with girls? Why was it that Tyrone was the one that got him thinking like this again? He liked Wendy, end of the discussion.

"What about you? Do you have anything to ask me?"

If Tyrone was Mason's opposite, then maybe Mason could find out his sexuality by asking the most dangerous question of them all. But could he just ask? If he didn't think about it he could. So without thinking much more about it Mason asked...