Chapter Thirteen

"... don't let anything hold you-," Ford couldn't finish his sentence due to a coughing fit that formed in his throat.

God, he's so pathetic, Dipper thought. It's been three days since they protected the shack, and today was the day the plan went into full effect. He would finally be able to see Bill again!

But, holy shit! How much does Dipper have to risk for this plan to come into effect?! He could have died up the sky, and now he has to pretend that that was OK? Alright, well, he wouldn't have died, he could have easily floated down to the surface. But that's beside the point!

The worst part was that Ford only cared about Dipper being his apprentice, bleh! Bill was his teacher, not Ford! It was so weird thinking about Ford teaching him anything that Bill already hasn't.

But, as according to plan, Dipper took Ford's hand, "I'm gonna do it. I wanna stay!"

"Excellent!"

As the two walked away back to the shack, the glue in Ford's coat pocket, Dipper made a double-check to the walkie-talkie in his hand. It was on, as planned. He put the item in his bag.

The walk didn't take long, and upon entering the shack, Dipper was told to tell Mabel the news. Dipper made his way up the steps to this and Mabel's room. This was it, this was the moment of all moments. He had to do this right, everything rested on him. Let fate be with him.

Shouts could be heard from the bedroom. But with no one else in the main area of the house, no one could stop the fight from escalating. A dash out the door, backpack in hand with tears rolling down the girl's face, and a smile resting on the other twins. He did it... he did it!

"Alright Bill, take it away" Dipper giggled.

Dipper dragged 'his' backpack behind him as he walked out of the elevator and to Ford.

"Let me guess, Mabel didn't take it well?"

"I don't know, maybe I shouldn't stay here."

"Now, Dipper," Ford took out the glue, "let focus on the task at hand. Let's see that rift."

Dipper let his smile show as he dug through the bag, but quickly threw it away when he dumped the bag full of confetti and paper, "Oh, no. The rift!"

The earth shook at that moment, a blast of energy shaking the house. An echoing laugh filled the air, Ford and Dipper rushing up to the surface. A dark-looking rip in the red sky showed Dipper that the plan worked, Bill was back. But this was only the beginning, there were still things to be done.

"I have to go find Mabel!"

Dipper began to take off but was stopped by a six-fingered hand. Everything was going smoothly! He and Ford were now at the top of a bell tower. Just one shot was all Ford had to take down Bill. Dipper saw the wave of weirdness coming for them, a bright smile resting on his face.

The bell behind them came to life, the object saying so, and Ford missed the shot. Ford scrambled around, flipping the journals for another way out. But with his back turned to Bill, the laser that shot from the said demon knocked him down.

"Dipper! Take my journals! Run!"

Dipper happily did so and hid behind the tower, peering around the corner to watch the outcome of Ford.

"Good-old Fordsie! How's it going old-man?"

"Let me go, Bill! You don't scare me, I know your weakness!"

"Oh yeah? And I know a riddle! Why did the old man do this?" Bill with his small triangle forms arms brought the appendages up.

"What, this?"