Chapter Five

"How did you get here?"

"Um... the portal behind me? You think a portal can only show up in your mind? Come on, you gotta be smarter than that. Let's go."

Mason stood up, placing his journals in his backpack, "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Would you relax? I'm just as curious about you as you are me. Now let's go!"

Tyrone stepped through the portal and began to walk away. Mason thought for a moment before setting his watch for 5 o'clock. He grabbed his backpack and ran for the portal, his hat being left in the grass surrounded by flowers.

On the other side, the Dippers were inside the Gleeful mansion. Tyrone was halfway up the steps when Mason came through. Mason ran up the steps, taking them two at a time before meeting Tyrone at the top. He hid his heavy breathing from Tyrone as the said male walked to the left door.

Mason followed close behind as the two made it through the hallway till reaching two doors on either side of them. Each was labeled with blue lettering, signifying whose room was whose. The pair went through the right door.

The room was a decent size, much bigger than Mason and Mabel's shared attic. The walls were a light blue, the trimming a dark blue, and a feature wall, located on the same wall that held the door, that was white. The door was located, when looking at it, on the left of the room. Not only did the white wall hold the door, but it also held the closest.

On the opposite wall was a black desk, and above it floating on its own was a mirror. Still looking at the door, the right wall held a dresser, and the left wall had the bed next to it with dark blue sheets.

"Go ahead and sit in the desk chair, it'll be easier for you to write in your journal that way," while Tyrone said this he picked up his journal from the said desk and walked over to sit on his bed.

Mason only saw a part of the book, but it seemed to hold the same Pinetree symbol, only having opposite colors. Mason did as he was told and sat at the desk, pulling his bag off of his shoulders to take his personal journal out.

"I wanted to ask you some questions, and in return, you can ask me some. Sound fair?" Mason nodded as Tyrone continued, "Very well. First question, am I the version of Gideon of your dimension?"

Mason responded, "You are, yes. I could also assume that your Mabel is like the Pacifica of my dimension."

Tyrone opened his journal, writing a few notes down before signaling to Mason to ask his question.

"What kind of powers do you have?"

Tyrone stopped writing and looked up to Mason, "Well, I can pretty much do whatever I want. I can float, I can summon things at will, use all of the elements. Pretty much anything but teleportation, that's where the portals come in."

This got Mason thinking. If Tyrone could do anything, then how come, according to Bill, he could also do anything? With this in mind, Mason knew his next question but waited for Tyrone to ask him his as he wrote in his journal.

"What powers do you possess?"

Mason wrote while he spoke, "Bill said that I can learn anything I wanted to, but as of right now I can only control fire on my own free will."

As if to prove it, Mason switched to write with his left hand to set his right hand on fire and put it out within five seconds. Tyrone lost his composure for a moment, letting the fire set him in awe before gathering himself again.

"How did you get your powers?"

"I made a deal with Will. Or, rather, I just took part of them from him."