𝐭𝐰𝐨

johnny

i had been working on some homework and i decided it would be a good idea to go for a run to clear my head. what i didn't know was that it was forecasted to rain about ten minutes after i left my house. within moments of running through the downpour, my t-shirt was drenched and because of that, somewhat see-through.

i soon came across an overhang in the park and decided to take a short break and texted my family to tell them why i wouldn't be home for a little while. i shook my head and ran a hand through my hair to get some of the water out. after a few minutes of waiting to see if the rain would die down, i chose to continue the run so i could get home as soon as possible.

as i was coming up to the street that i turn on, i noticed someone laying down on their driveway. as i got closer i recognized that the figure was a girl and i decided that i would ask if she was alright since you don't typically lay outside in freezing cold weather.

"hey, are you ok?" i question.

the girl's eyes shot open and she immediately sat up when she heard my voice.

"oh, uh, yeah i'm fine." was her response as she nervously laughed.

"well i'm johnny." i tell her.

"oh i'm eden." she replies.

"if you don't mind me asking, eden, what are you doing laying outside in the rain?" i laugh.

"oh, um i don't know it's oddly relaxing for some reason." she replies shyly.

"and you're not cold?" i ask.

"no, not really." she says.

"wow," i say absentmindedly.

"pardon?" eden questions as she furrows her eyebrows.

"oh it's nothing, i just don't see how you can enjoy that." i say, "i'm sorry, i'm not judging though,"

"it's ok, i get that reaction a lot." she laughs.

"well do you mind if i stay here and talk to you for a while?" i ask.

"not at all." she smiles.

and so we did. when i finally checked my phone i saw that i had been talking to her for almost an hour and a half.

"look i have to get home now, i should be been home an hour ago, but if you don't mind could i get your number?" i ask nervously scratching the back of my neck.

"yeah sure," she giggles.

she then fills out her name and number on my phone and once she's done, she hands me back my phone and i don't miss the brush of our hands touching. before turning it off, i glance at what she entered and notice that she had put a heart next to her name.

i place my phone in my pocket and say goodbye to her with an added wink. she blushes slightly and i take notice of her slightly biting her lip before continuing my jog back to my house.

as i near my street, i realize something that makes me pause for a few seconds. i was able to sit outside in the pouring rain for over an hour and i wasn't bothered once by the usual uncomfortable feeling of my clothes clinging to my body. after a few moments pass i shake off the confusion so i can finally get inside into the warmth and comfort of my house.