𝐬𝐢𝐱

eden

it's been a week since i went over to johnny and lauren's house and since then i've hung out alone with the girls twice but sadly i haven't seen john since that night.

when i went shopping with lauren and emily yesterday we went to barnes and nobles and i decided to buy some books that i had been wanting for a long time. i was reading for a while when i realized that i could hear the light pitter patter of rain against the roof.

i excitedly headed downstairs so i could go outside. i slipped on a random pair of shoes by the door and walked out, closing the door behind me.

for a while i laid peacefully on my driveway feeling the water droplets began growing larger and falling more frequently. the previously light sprinkle of rain turned into wet thuds as the icy water raced to meet the ground. and soon enough i was completely drenched.

i had totally zoned out and ceased to pay attention to any of my surroundings besides the rainfall which is why i didn't hear the sound of johnny's footsteps approaching me.

"we have to stop meeting like this." johnny jokes.

"oh, hi" i say looking up at him, "what are you doing here?"

"well the dishonest answer is that i was already on a run when it began to rain." johnny says.

"and the truthful answer?" i pry.

"i noticed that it had started to rain and i headed over here hoping to see you." he admits.

"well you found me." i laugh.

"that i did." johnny smiles and sits down next to me.

"do you want to go inside?" i ask.

"no, it's ok if you want to stay out here." johnny answers.

"it's fine," i laugh, "come on, i know you don't like being out in the rain."

"you sure?" he questions.

"of course," i respond.

i then grab his hand and pull him with me toward my front door. once we get inside, johnny follows me to the kitchen.

"want some hot chocolate?" i question.

"uh... sure." he replies.

"are you up for watching a movie?" i suggest.

"yeah that sounds good." johnny smiles.

"ok you make the hot chocolate and i'll go grab blankets and find a movie to watch." i say.

once i'm done grabbing blankets and pillows i scroll through the channels looking for a movie to watch. after a minute or so of searching i settle on fight club. once i set down the remote and make my way to the kitchen, johnny walks out with two mugs.

"fight club, really?" johnny laughs.

"what? do you not like it?" i ask.

"no, i do. i just wouldn't expect you to like it." he says.

eventually johnny and i sat down on the couch and i picked up a blanket to cover us. if he asked why i only got one blanket i would lie and say that the rest were in the laundry or something but honestly i just wanted an excuse to be closer to him. fortunately for me, he didn't seem to mind and halfway through the movie he caught me by surprise by wrapping his arm around me and pulling me toward him.