𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

eden

after the short conversation in the group chat i needed to rush and get ready since they were picking me up so soon. i put on a plain black bikini with a pair of denim shorts and a sweatshirt over it.

once i got the text from lauren saying that they were there, i grabbed my phone and my bag and walked out the door.

"hey ede," emily said as i step into the car.

"hey everyone," i smiled.

"now back to what we were saying, i want the aux!" hayden announced.

"no you have terrible music taste." lauren said, rolling her eyes.

"i beg to differ." hayden retorted.

"listen, both of you have terrible music taste which is why emily has the aux." johnny laughed.

"yeah emily somehow has the perfect playlist for any situation." i agreed.

"that's the nicest thing someone has ever said to me." emily joked.

after about twenty minutes in the car, we arrived at the beach and i went to the trunk to grab the picnic blanket they had brought. once we walked down towards the shore and set up everything, the girls and i decided to get in the water. i felt johnny's eyes on me as i took off my sweatshirt and shorts. i looked up at him and watched him look away and smiled as i saw a blush rise up his neck and onto his cheeks.

emily quickly pulled me with her down to the water and we both let out loud squeals as we felt how cold the water was.

"well what were you expecting? it's barely spring and we're in canada." hayden said, annoyed by our reactions.

"oh shut up," lauren replied.

"oh shut up," hayden mocked.

after a little while, all three of us girls got into the water and swam around before we got hungry and decided to go back and sit with the boys. i wrapped a towel around me and sat down on the blanket between johnny and lauren.

we ate some of the snacks we brought and talked for about half an hour until johnny nudged me. i looked over at him with raised brows and he motioned for us to get up and walk away from the group. i nodded and he helped me stand up before we started walking.

"so what's up?" i ask.

"not much, i just noticed it was getting close to sunset and i wanted to show you something." he replied.

"oh, ok then," i smiled.

i wasn't sure where he was taking me so i was cautiously watching as johnny changed directions. after a few minutes of comfortable silence, we approached the beginning of a trail and johnny motioned for me to continue walking.

"when you said you wanted to take me somewhere i didn't think you meant a walk that would be this tiring." i joked.

"yeah, sorry i kind of forgot how long the walk was." johnny said, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"it's fine, i'm just lazy so this feels difficult to me" i laughed.

a few minutes later we had followed the trail uphill and came across an opening onto a ledge that was facing the water. the combination of the already beautiful view and the sunset painting the sky different shades of pink and orange made the sight before us look ethereal. it was absolutely breathtaking.

in my shock i hadn't registered johnny walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. a few seconds later i snapped out of my trance and looked up at him.

"john, this is insane." i said in awe.

"i thought you'd like it." he replies.

"i love it, thank you." i said before turning around so i was facing him. just like this morning in the kitchen, there was barely any space between the two of us. i was forced to strain my neck to meet his gaze because of our height difference which made him laugh.

"don't laugh at me." i said with feigned irritation.

"i'm sorry, you're just effortlessly cute." he smiled.

"stop it," i said before stepping back slightly and looking the other way to hide the blush that his comment had placed upon my face.

i heard him chuckle again quietly before clearing his throat. i could feel his eyes burning wholes into the side of my face but i refused to return to our previous position since i could still feel the heat on my cheeks. he once again closed the distance between us and hesitantly reached out toward me. he kept one hand on my waist, then lightly grabbed my chin and pulled my eyesight back to him.

my heartbeat rapidly sped up as i let the reality of what was happening sink in. my lips parted and i watched as johnny's stare moved from my eyes down to my lips, as did mine. i braced myself by placing one hand on his chest and the other on his shoulder. he removed his hand from my chin and it mirrored his other hand on my waist. i could tell that the way i was reacting made him reluctant to move any further so i decided i would have to be the one to make the next move.

i slightly hesitated before leaning forward, leaving even less space between the two of us. our faces were so close that the smallest advance from either of us would result in us finally kissing. i noticed johnny swallow before closing the gap between us.

"there you two are!" lauren said, panting.

i was foolish to think that i could have had a perfect moment with johnny considering my luck so with the feeling of his lips against mine for less than a second, i stepped away from his grasp and walked over to lauren.

"god, i have never worked so hard to get good pictures."emily complained as she exhaustedly met us at the top of the ledge.

"pictures?" i questioned.

"yeah we wanted to get pictures at sunset." emily replied.

"we wanted you to be in them of course, but we didn't see where you guys went off to so we went anyway." lauren added.

"sorry we probably should've texted or something rather than just giving up on finding you." emily admitted.

"don't worry about it," i smiled, "my phone is on silent so i wouldn't have seen the text anyway."

"ok well now that we found you and the sunset still looks pretty, let's take pictures!" emily demanded.

"johnny will you take pictures of all three of us, please?" lauren asked kindly.

"yeah sure," he said.

and that's how we spent the next twenty minutes until the sun had almost completely gone below the horizon and we decided we should leave so it would still be light as we walked back to find hayden and the rest of our stuff.

"took you guys long enough!" hayden whined as we approached him.

"well i see you kept yourself busy." emily pointed out and motioned to the picnic basket which was now empty.

"someone had to eat it." he defended.