Chapter One: Thomas

(Thomas's POV)

...

...

...I feel something.

Something I haven't felt in what seems like forever.

Life.

My gears turning. My mind thinking. My fingers tingling.

Why?

As my vision came into focus, I started to realize where I was.

Back at the plain white lab.

That terrible place.

"...why am I here?" I asked all the scientists, who were literally blending in with their environment being all white.

What wonderful first words.

"Well, we heard of the situation that happened to you both..." one of them started. "...we implanted tracking devices in the both of you to make sure you both were ok. We knew society wouldn't approve of you, so we wanted to make sure you wouldn't be mobbed. We learned about your suicides and decided to use your remains to put you back together and give you emotions. We only have you so far."

It seemed to make perfect sense, except for one thing...

Suicides? Plural?

Just as I was about to speak, the scientist interrupted me.

"Unfortunately...Guy-Man won't be coming back any time soon. It's rather difficult to recover ashes."

Ashes?

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

"...sir, are you o-"

"WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM???" I shouted, stepping off of the stand in which I was propped up on.

"We figure he's somehow burned himself alive...we found remains of his helmet on the desert ground."

I could feel my heart...no...my everything breaking.

"IF YOU CAN'T RECOVER HIM, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME BE?!?!?" I shouted at them through oil tears. "HE WAS THE ONLY THING I HAD!!!"

"Sir, calm d-"

I slapped him.

I slapped one of the damn scientists that ruined my life.

He didn't even speak again. None of them bothered to.

As I approached the exit, the oil still coming down my face and on my clothes, one occasionally splatting on the floor leaving a big, black puddle.

"...don't tell me to calm down."