Chapter 2: Guy

(Guy's POV)

(Timeskip: A year and a half)

(FYI: The lab is in California.)

...

Something is happening.

I don't feel the fire tingling on my metal skin anymore.

I'm...alive.

...

Wait, but if I'm alive, then where's...

"...Thomas."

I assessed the white-clad scientists around me, not even bothering to ask how or why I'm alive.

"Where is he?"

Silence.

"...he ran off," one of them said. "A year and a half ago, we repaired him and told him you weren't going to make it..."

"Why the FUCK did you tell him that?" I approached the scientist, staring deep into where his eyes would be. I could feel something burning up in my chest...

Anger...is this what it feels like?

"You could've at least WAITED until you were sure! But no! You TOLD HIM I WAS PERNAMENTLY GONE! Of course you fucked up that one just like our HUMANITY!"

"Well, good news...we still have a tracking device on him. We should be able to find him if he hasn't removed it already."

"You put a WHAT on him now?"

God, I want to slap them so badly.

"It's just so that if he dies, we'll be able to repair him again!"

"Why the FUCK would he want you guys to-" I stopped myself. No point in arguing with a bunch of smart dumbasses, anyway.

Finding Thomas is my top priority.

"Ok, ok...where is he?"

Another scientist pulled out what must be the device that finds where the tracker is. It beeped for a few seconds, and then...

"He's in Paris," the scientist said. "You're going to have to take a plane there. You can take one of ours in case you don't feel comfortable being out in the world y-"

"Fuck yes I'm taking that plane!" I blurted. I hated people, anyway. These guys were no different, but at least they know what they're doing. Most of the time.

"Alright. Fine."

...

(Timeskip to when Guy is in the plane)

The inside of the plane was way different than the lab.

Instead of it just being a blank white void, it looked just like a normal plane. Same way for the outside. Probably not to rouse suspicion, of course.

The whole flight, though, I kept thinking.

Thinking about Thomas.

Before, neither of us could feel anything. We just...existed.

Now that the scientists upgraded both of us to have emotions, something awoke in me.

I realized how much Thomas really was a part of me.

Like...the whole reason why I killed myself before was because he was gone.

But back then, I couldn't feel anything but a smidge of emotion.

Now, it's different.

I just don't know what it is.

...

(A/N: I know. It's boring so far. But trust me.
Things are going to get a lot more different.)