Chapter 6: Square One

(Noone's POV)

Luckily, Guy was allowed to visit Thomas in the hospital room...so the moment he was allowed, he dashed right through the door.

Thomas was still lying down in the hospital bed staring at the TV screen across the room with great interest. A movie Guy didn't recognize, but it looked like there's a whole lotta action going on. A couple of wires and machines were hooked up to his body, which Guy didn't pay too much attention to. The real attention grabber was the bandage wrapped around his head, the front of it stained with black oil. Probably just to keep the oil left in there from bleeding out.

Thomas slightly turned his head to look at Guy, his beady little eyes inspecting him all over.

"Are you...are you another one of those doctors? I don't see a uniform or nametag...who are you?"

Guy's heart sunk.

"Thomas, you..." Virtual tears swelled around Guy's eyes. "...you don't remember me?"

"Let me guess, uh..." Thomas lightly tapped his finger against the side of his bed. "Uh...cousin?"

"It's me, Thom...Guy-Manuel? De Homem Christo? Your buddy? The guy you made music with?"

"I had a partner?" Thomas perked up. "That...that bullet must've really messed with my memory, huh? Well, uh..." Thomas picked a little bit at the bandage on his head. "I'm sorry that I didn't...uh...know you...but, uh, it'll be great to get to know you...again..." He chuckled awkwardly. "So what you're saying is...uh...we made music together? Right?"

"Yeah...that..." Within all the darkness of today, Guy started to gain a little hope. If Thomas can remember having a music career, maybe Guy can use that to try to jog up his memory?

Well, they can't do much now. Not with Thomas still cooped up in this room.

Might as well start small.

"So, uh...maybe we can start by listening to some of the past works we made?" Guy suggests. "I have pretty much all of them downloaded in my system, maybe I can play some of them?"

"Yeah, that...that would be nice..." Thomas gave a soft smile. "Who knows, maybe I've forgotten some of those, too?" he joked.

"Just hope you didn't forget some of the good ones..." Guy joked as well. He started playing some of the songs they made on shuffle, starting with Voyager. A nice vibey start.

They sat there together, vibing to their own works and generally having a good time.

Thomas may not remember anything about Guy, but it's still nice to have a good memory with him after all these years.

...

(Written in literally one hour lmao)