Chapter 5: Found and Lost

(Noone's POV)

"THOMAS!!! THOMAS, CAN YOU HEAR ME??? ARE YOU STILL IN THERE???"

Guy slammed his hands on the door as hard as he could as digital tears streamed down his eyes. He had a smidge of hope that Thomas would be on the other side, alive and well, just on the edge of being the total opposite. At the same time, he was prepared for the worst. He didn't want to see him dead all over again...

"THOMAS!!! PLEASE!!! JUST OPEN THE DOOR!!!"

The world around him was nothing. He didn't care that people were coming out to watch. He didn't care he was being yelled at to stop from people that misunderstood.

All he cared was that Thomas was in danger from himself.

As the pleas for Thomas to open the door continued, hope started to diminish. What if he really was dead? What if there was no way of saving him this time?

Too many questions, not enough answers.

His desperate slams grew stronger by the second.

He kept calling his name, begging for him to come out, begging for all to be well...but nothing was working.

He flashed back to that faithful day when he watched Thomas die in front of him.

You can't save him. It's too late. He's lying on the floor dead. Unrecoverable. Might as well give up and burn yourself alive again.

THIS WAS ALL YOUR OWN FAULT. HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE IF YOU NEVER FLIPPED THE LEVER.

PATHETIC.

Fueled by his own anxious thoughts, he punched a hole through the door.

He just created a literal window of hope.

He only peeked through the hole for a second...

But what he saw was even more damaging than the last time.

...

Suicide.

It was no question how he did it. The knife was right there, lodged in his head, piercing all the essential parts.

It would take days, maybe weeks to rebuild, if that's even possible.

Normally, the news would reassure Guy, knowing that given some time, he'd be able to hug his friend again and talk about all the things they missed.

But there's one problem:

His memory card was partially damaged.

...

(Alright, a long drabble here from the author.)

(So, halfway through writing this chapter, I realized that, through the whole thing, the story would've just ended there. Nothing much would've happened. Originally, I was gonna have Guy narrowly save Thomas from suicide and have the next few chapters be them catching up...but where's the excitement in that?)

(So I deleted the orignal product and redid the inital plot with this. Not only will it be easier for me to make things up as I go, but I get to watch all the tears =) )