Intermission

"He's alive."

Two skulls snapped in the direction of the speaker, shocked at his statement. The short skeleton who spoke wore a look of mixed emotions, mainly rage, disbelief, and confusion. His multicolored eyes were filled to the brim with annoyance, his right pinprick morphing into the shape of a crosshair, of which glowed a scarlet red.

The shorter of his two teammates was the first to speak up, sporting a grey shirt and grey pants with a white undershirt, outlined with baby blue, the same color as his gloves and bandana that he wore around his neck. He cocked his head to the side in bewilderment, his star-shaped eyelights locked onto his furious ally.

"WHAT? WHO'S ALIVE, INK?" He questioned, his voice naturally coming out as a shout, which had taken much getting used to.

But the volume of the small skeleton was the least of the trio's problems, at the moment.

Dream, the tallest of the group was the one to offer up a response, placing his hands on his hips, rustling the golden cape that rested on his withered yellow coat and black stocking-like pants.

"He's talking about Error, Blue." He explained, his voice smooth and soft, higher pitched than most would expect a male's voice to be.

Blueberry nodded slowly in realization, before looking away, an unwanted feeling of guilt resonating somewhere within him upon remembering what he was forced to do to his friend.

"OH. RIGHT. WHY DO YOU SAY IT LIKE IT'S A BAD THING?"

Ink glared, his eye lights burning a blood-red due to his ill-temper, unintentionally intimidating his comrade. Blue shrunk back, standing just a tad bit nearer to Dream for comfort, as Ink merely crossed his arms.

"Because. He's our enemy, and we trying to get rid of him. But he's alive." He stated blatantly, his tone of voice sounding rather monotonous, betraying his extremely emotional facial expression.

Dream spoke up, attempting to divert the negative attention away from Blue and towards himself, taking a small step in front of the mentioned.

"How do you know? I've been checking in on the dreams of inhabitants of the AU he'd been exiled to, and out of the 1,000+ people I've seen so far, none of them have seen him." The Guardian pointed out.

Ink nodded, placing his hands on his hips, his patience clearly running thin.

"Exactly. If things had gone according to plan, he would have been mobbed and killed. In the world we've sent him to, monsters don't exist. It can't even be called an AU, as it holds no resemblance to the original timeline, so I'll just refer to it as 'Earth' to differentiate it from the rest of the multiverse. With that in mind, all pandemonium would've broken loose if he'd been seen, and his death would be all over the news. But everything is calm. He's alive. So we need to find him, and kill him."

The taller skeleton awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, beginning to understand why Blue was fearful of the artist, shifting his weight from foot to foot in discomfort.

"I mean, I understand what you're saying, but isn't that all just theoretical evidence? He could've just died of natural causes and they haven't found a body." Dream muttered, glancing off to the side, no longer able to meet the grueling gaze of the group's self-appointed leader.

"YES, AND WHAT ABOUT THE VILLAIN SANSES? THEY'VE BEEN VERY QUIET, SHOULDN'T WE INVESTIGATE THAT FIRST? WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THEIR SILENCE MEANS THEY'RE PLANNING SOMETHING." Blue squeaked, peeking out from behind Dream's arm, shyly adding on.

Ink grunted, rolling his eye lights at the two, irritated with both the situation and his teammates.

"Fine. You two are free to check in on them, I don't know why you even need to bring it up. You're adults, you're both capable of doing things on your own."