Chocolates, huh?

Freedom is a wonderful thing. Like many good things in life, no one really appreciates it until you lose it, such as being trapped in an unknown world with broken legs and left with restrained magic, for example.

Life without freedom is dull and tedious, every day seeming the same as the last, if not worse. Once stripped of your freedom, you lose the ability to function on your own, which is a vital part of everyone's personality.

Without it, you aren't you.

But then, when you finally are set free, your perspective changes. You appreciate every single moment of freedom you get, cherishing it, as you never know if or when it may be taken again.

This is how our glitched skeleton felt, now that he finally had his freedom back. Well, now that he had 25% of it back. It had taken a while to process just how much this meant, and now that the thought finally set in his mind, his spirits were lifted.

Oh, he really couldn't explain how wonderful it felt to finally be able to use his string again, having missed it. It reminded him of his home, which he missed dearly, and it helped with easing his homesickness just a tad bit more.

T'was early in the morning, the first beams of sunshine timidly peeking out from behind the clouds, slowly beginning to illuminate the landscape with its golden rays. Sunrises were beautiful, though mornings were still unpleasant.

Mornings mean waking up as opposed to sleeping in, after all.

Error groaned softly, waking up slowly, his mind and body feeling rather lethargic. He rolled onto his back, pulling the bedsheets up to his cheekbones as a quiet noise of displeasure escaped him.

"MoRniNgs. SUck." He grunted, closing his eye sockets, deciding that he didn't want to deal with the day to come. Sleeping in for an additional hour sounded lovely, he'd procrastinate getting up until then.

Right as he was about to drift back asleep, however, a rather energetic human burst through the door, before tripping and falling to the floor with a loud clatter.

Welp, there go his plans.

The skeleton sat up, looking down at you with slight annoyance, blatantly unamused. He tossed the sheets to the side, before gesturing in your direction, motioning towards your small figure on the ground.

"WhY." He demanded.

You smiled sheepishly, an intense sense of embarrassment washing over you, causing you to quickly get to your feet. You tugged at the long scarf that had wound itself around your legs, being the reason behind your fall, awkwardly tossing it to the side, wanting to act as if none of that ever happened.

"Oh, uhm, sorry about that. Scarves...they, uh. Get in the way.." You trailed off, glancing to the side.

"Or maYbe yOu'rE jUsT weArIng iT wRoNg." Error stated bluntly.

"That's besides the point! I came in here because I wanted to know if you'd be interested in having a little outing with me? I have some errands to run, and I figured that it'd be nice to get some air since you haven't been outside in a few months. But of course, you don't need to come if you don't want to, it's totally fine if you wanna stay here too!" You rambled, internally chiding yourself. Your social skills always seemed to fail you whenever you were around the skeleton.

Your guest seemed to think about your offer for a moment, before shrugging and nodding, indicating that he'd come along. After all, it had been so long since he snuck out, around six or seven weeks, to be more specific. This could be a good opportunity to scope the place out before his eventual escape.