𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮.

Once upon a time, there were three nations to this world.

The Republic of Aurora - or better of known as the Dawns - governed by prime minister Enouement_Dawn, were the highest nation of the three; reigning supreme next to the Days - who were ruled by a mysterious man known as the Governor.
The Night Coalition was ruled by Perspicacious_Night. They were by far the weakest of the three, and were often looked down upon by their adversaries.

Nevertheless, Perspicacious, who only wanted best for his people, worked his hardest to become known and respected. The Governor took him as head lab worker, where he built and designed various machineries and more for the Union, in hopes of becoming promoted in some way.

All was well and peaceful until one dreaded day, a terrible accident took place at the Day's labs. The Governor had been working on a portal to an alternate dimension, and Perspicacious fell in.
He was missing for no more than three months and eleven days. When the Night's beloved leader returned, he was a changed man.
Inside that portal the Governor built had been a separate dimension where a terrible virus broke loose. In his time there, Perspicacious contracted the disease, and upon returning to his nation, infected his coaltion and citizens.

After much research and testing, the Days gave this virus the name "Darkness" after the way it draws you to the shadows and turns your skin pitch black.

How do you contract Darkness, you ask?
It's incredibly easy. Too easy.
You can recieve it by doing nothing more than standing close to someone who has it badly enough. Touching an infected thing could a cause too. Or and open wound could be your culprit. Something as small as a papercut could do more damage than you could possibly imagine.
Once you become infected with Darkness, you are asymptomatic; but not for long.
Soon enough, you will feel immense pain. This pain will gradually get worse until it feels as if every bone in your body has shattered. After this, you start to rot from the inside out and the outside in. Your skin becomes dark, slowly deteriorating away. You can have exposed bones, extreme wounds, and as I have mentioned before - immense pain.
After this, your mentality changes. Your mind becomes completely taken over by Darkness. You need to kill and infect every living thing you lay your eyes on. You're practically insane.

The only known cure?

A bullet through your skull.

The Governor declared war, and the Days and Nights tore at each other's throats.
It's curious what the effects of war can have. It can turn what was once beautiful, luscious fields of greenery into a barren wasteland.

The Nights wreaked havoc upon the nations. Attacking cities and murdering out of cold blood.
Their main motive?

Take down the Dawns and Days.

The Nights attacked the Republic of Aurora and many of its other cities and towns repeatedly.
Perspicacious assassinated Enouement_Dawn himself. The coalition destroyed the entire Republic of Aurora. Any survivors fled the scene, and were never seen again.
It was then, when Perspicacious realized, he wasn't himself anymore. He would now go by a new name.

Horrid_Night.

In the beginning, there were six operatives.

Sympathetic, Fatal, Powerful, Incarnate, Scary and I, Great_Day.

Now, Days Union operatives are not what you might think. They are not human, nor robot, but a balance in between.

Brutally murdered by Nights, their bodies are recovered and rebuilt; or, I could say, reborn. They become living, breathing, war machines. Able to withstand things no human could bear.
Infected like Nights, but not as thorough. The Darkness inside them is balanced, but with enough irritation, can become unstable.

I was the Counselor then; Supreme Leader the Governor's aide-de-camp. After some time, I found myself in charge of the union.

All of our Operatives, excluding Scary, tragically died on a mission. This meant that I had to find and build new Operatives for my union, and with the help of Scary, I was able to create twelve brand new ones; each diverse from the other.