𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮. "𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓔𝓪𝓻𝓼."

A/N - Radiant's pre-Day name is Elliot James.

[TW// THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS TRIGGERS SUCH AS DEATH, GORE, HEAD INJURY, AND IMPALEMENT.]

-

-

Dear Emily,

How are you? Is mother well? Remember what we discussed before I left about taking care of her.

Today I arrived in Sunrise. Me, the big city! Can you believe it? It's so different from home. There are skyscrapers and long paved roads. Downtown is quite ugly and unsanitary, but that's what you get taking the discounted way. There is a strip of old stores down there. In one of the windows to a gown shop is a beautiful summer dress. I know you would just love it, everytime I pass, I think of you.

You and mother are always in my thoughts. I worry about you both. Make sure to be safe when you go out.
I've made about 300 dollars in the past week. I will be sending you 200. It should be home by Wednesday.

I must admit, the heat is starting to become a bit unbearable. The days are humid and sticky. You can almost hear the word sizzle drifting throughout the air. Droplets of sweat slide down your forehead, falling onto the pavement and clothing. It mostly smells of piss down here. Piss, old wash, and sweat.
It's quite disgusting, but the thought of you keeps my spirits high.

Oh, but the rest of the city is gorgeous! Huge buildings and sky scrapers, stores and theaters, the ocean is just next to the front of Sunrise. It's a beautiful sight.

I have a feeling something great is going to happen. I can smell optimism in the air. This is going to be my big hit. Sunrise is a large city, and no doubt about it, this will be my breakthrough.

Before I can tell, it'll hit me straight through the head.

I miss you very dearly. Tell mother I love her.

Sincerely, Elliot.

-

-

-

Mid July, XXXX - Below Sunrise Theater, The Republic of Aurora.

"I just wanted to thank you all for coming out tonight."
A tall brunette man stood on a stage in front of a small crowd of people sitting in auditorium seats.
He stood in front of a stool with a guitar strapped around him, and wore an old white buttondown with the sleeves rolled up halfway that looked as if it had been used too many times. On his lower half he had an old pair of black jeans- he hoped would pass off as slacks, and sneakers. The man looked about 20.

"As an small musician, any support helps. So thank you, again, for helping me do what I love!" He smiled as the little crowd clapped and cheered. "As much as I hate to say it, the next song will be our last for the evening."
The crowd's cheers and whistles quieted awwhs and boos.

Elliot James was poor. He wasn't dirt poor, but he was definitely far from wealthy. The guitarist worked as a travelling musician to make money for his mother and younger sister, Emily. The businesses wasn't very easy, and he scraped together just enough to send home to his family and keep enough for his travels. Just now, he was preforming in the lower level of the Sunrise Theater- the small stage in the basement nobody liked using. It was the best he could afford.
The room was hot. The humid night air outside of the building was worse in the small auditorium because of the lack of air conditioning. The warm smell of dust lingered around with a hint of cheap cologne drifting off of the performer.
The walls were brick, with pipes coming from the roof- or the floor of the main level.
You could barely call the room an auditorium. The stage was a small portion floor at a higher level than the rest. It was basically a big storage room with some doorways to smaller ones.