𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮, 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓸. "𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓫𝔂𝓮, 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓸𝓻."

A younger looking, yet familiar man was rushing down twisting halls.
He had thick raven black hair and wore a dark green suit.
His breathing was unsteady as he sprinted around corners as fast as he could, nearly falling over.
He finally came to an abrupt stop in front of a large metal door. It looked to be quite secure and protected. A glowing green button sat on the wall next to it and the man held up a hand, pressing down hard.
A beep and many mechanical noises were heard as the door slowly started to unlock itself. The raven haired straightened himself out while he waited for the door to completely open. Tugging at the bottom of his suit and adjusting his tie, obviously wanting to look presentable for some unknown reason.

As he stepped into the room, he stood in the doorway.
It was dark and chilly. The sound of ventilation circulated through the room. Desks and tables with labwork scattered could be seen. Test tubes and experiments were in different positions all around the room and in the middle was something nobody couldn't notice. It was the source of whatever light was in the laboratory.

A huge round portal sat on a large pedestal right in the middle of the room. Brilliant blue light and sparks emitting from the machinery. A calm and steady hum coming from it. In front of the portal was the tall and slender figure if a man, who didn't bother to turn to greet his visitor.

"Ah, Counselor!" He cooed, eyes still unmoving from the portal. "You've arrived just in time!"

The raven haired man was Great_Day, and the man in front of him was the Governor.

"Just in time for what exactly, sir?" Great responded, the sound of the mechanical door slamming shut behind startled him a bit.

"The portal is ready." The Governor started. The blue lights swirled around it, almost welcoming him. All he wanted was to embrace it, to enter. "And I intend to go through." He was almost whispering, mesmerized by his creation.

Great, clearly taken aback, cleared his throat; trying to stay professional. He placed his arms behind his back, neatly. "If I may, sir, I don't think it is in best interest to-" but he had almost immediately been cut off.

The Governor whipped around in a fury, facing his Counselor. "Not it best interest?! NOT IN BEST INTEREST? HAH! OH, COUNSELOR.."
He ran his hands through his hair, turning back to his beloved portal. "This is more than 'best interest'. It's life's work. And I'm so very close.." His voice was shaking. The leader let out a trembling hand towards the portal, then brought it up to his cheek. He cleared his throat.
"In this portal, I see a world. A world that is not corrupt with sickness and war, one that goes unruled."

Great, arms still behind his back, leaned over to his right; attempting to look past his leader and into the entrance. He saw nothing but the same, electric blue sparks, circulating around.

This portal had driven his leader mad, and Great knew it.

"I am going to enter and reign eternal." The Governor finally said, intently. Eyes still glued in the opposite direction.

The raven haired had been taken aback, but now? Now he was genuinely concerned. "B-but sir! The Union has just faced a terrible tragedy, our Operatives are gone! And the.. the war-! How are we expected to win a war leaderless and ďefenseless?" The Great was practically fumbling over his words in a hasty attempt to persuade his leader to stay.

The Governor looked down solemnly, not saying a word. A few moments passed until he finally said "There will be a leader, and he will be you."

The Counselor stood there in shock for a moment, unable to process what he had just heard. Him? Leader? He knew it was to happen one day, but hadn't expected it to come so soon!
Great's mind flashed from thought to thought. How was he supposed to lead? He needed to build more Operatives - how was he to do that? What was he to do to win the war?
"I- it is an honor to be bestowed such a position- but I really must insist you stay. We need you to win the war. Perspicacious-"

The Governor jerked up his hand to silence Great. Of course the Counselor obeyed, as it was what he was trained to do.
Slowly, the leader turned on his heel in the direction of the operative and started walking backwards towards the portal. He raised his arms out, as of he were about to hug someone.
Great knew what he was about to do.

"NO-!" The Counselor cried out, leaving his position at the doorway and starting to run towards his leader.

He was still just a silhouette, The Governor's eyes gleaming in the light around him; a slight smile on his lips.

"Goodbye, Counselor." He said in a half hushed tone, as he fell backwards into his creation.

Suddenly, the portal's lights began sparking more violently. Swirling and swishing around, gaining speed. The soft hum started to turn into crashes and bangs as the machinery began to shake violently. Thick black smoke leaked out of the sides, filling up the room.
Great squinted his eyes to see better in the dense fog, the portal was about to explode. He frantically kicked over a desk so it laid on its side, the objects on it flying off and falling onto the ground with a crash. The Counselor slid behind the upturned desk and covered his head with his hands as the portal erupted, pieces of it flying everywhere.

After that, everything was dark.