Her plan and his need to rest

Hi everyone! The 10th chapter is finally out, it's set 3 days after the last one. Have a good read!

——————————————————————————————————————————

Kudo Mansion, 01:05 am.

Slumber was leaving Ai's brain as her eyelids started opening.

She couldn't see anything since it was the middle of the night and everything was dark in the room. She could feel that she was lying on her stomach, covered by the thin sheet up to the back of her neck, which tingled her exposed skin. Seen that it was late summer and the weather's temperature was over the average, she was only wearing a thin white nightdress over her the lower part of her lingerie.

Fortunately for her, both Shinichi and Agasa's house were provided with well-functioning air-conditioning systems, which she would often switch on, especially before going to sleep; she hated awakening drenched in sweat.

She slightly clenched her hands to feel the cotton of Conan's t-shirt, but instead, she ended up gripping the mattress cover. It was then that she realized that the material under her head was too soft compared to how she was used to. It was resting on the pillow. Strange.

Conan's chest was her natural pillow, she wasn't at her maximum comfort on a normal one.

Her hand reached out, trying to find him on the other side of the bed, but it was empty. She lifted her head and opened her eyes more properly to get the confirmation of that, and it came, much to her dismay.

She grumbled in disappointment and yawned, shifting in a supine position and bringing an arm over her forehead.

She knew exactly where he was and what he was doing.

Concluding that she wouldn't manage to fall asleep again without him, she removed the sheet from herself and got out of the bed, slipping her feet into the cat-shaped grey slippers he had given her as a present for their second marriage anniversary. She appreciated them more than an obvious Fusae purse or a classic jewel, given her love for animals that she knew he was aware of.

Now, she had a clear goal in her mind: bringing her husband back to bed.

'It's time to bring out the big guns.'

——————————————————————————————————————————

As Ai had assumed, Conan was in the immense library of the house, sitting on an armchair which resembled the style of Sherlock Holmes' one, staring at a few papers he was holding in both his hands, supported by the faint light coming from the lamp next to the chair.

Another thing she noted was that he was wearing his glasses, a sign that he was in his detective-mode.

Despite being several meters away from him, spying him from behind the door, she could see that he had eye sockets because of his need for sleep.

In anticipation of that, she had brought with her a glass of warm milk she had heated up in the kitchen before proceeding to her final destination. Giving him something that would promote a restful sleep was part of her plan.

Taking silent steps, she approached him, who didn't notice her presence as he was too absorbed in his work.

When she was a few steps from him, he finally spotted her, "Hey..."

She could tell he was surprised to see her there, "Hey..."

"I thought you were sleeping..."

"How long have you been here?"