A little 'incident'

Hi everyone! So finally (after a long time), here's the 11th chapter. Starting from this chapter, I won't specify the time gap between a chapter and another one anymore, it was provoking a headache to me to calculate it every time. But don't worry, it won't be essential to know how much time will exactly have elapsed, and I'll leave hints about their age and everything else. That said, have a good read!

——————————————————————————————————————————

Grocery Store, 7:30 pm.

"Ngh..."

Ai struggled while standing on tiptoes to grab an object from a high shelf, her arm had reached its maximum extension and, for a matter of three or two centimeters, her slender fingers missed the item.

"Damn it."

Surrendering to the fact that she was too short for that, she examined the possibilities. She could ask for some employee to take it for her, so she turned her head around but didn't find anyone. There weren't other customers in that aisle; after all, the store was about to close in half an hour. Using a stool or something like that to get on it wouldn't be much decorous and wouldn't suit her. There was only one painful solution left.

She sighed.

"Conan, come here and give me a hand."

"Here I am!"

Conan enthusiastically walked closer to her with his usual boyish grin on.

"What do you need?"

She pointed up to the needed item, "See if you can take that."

"Okay.", he also had to stand on tiptoes, still, his hand reached the packet of rice she had tried in vain to take. He handed it to her, "Here."

She grabbed it from his hand and put it into the shopping cart, avoiding his knowing smirk and his narrowed eyes. He giggled.

She had to return the fire, "If you don't stop with that creepy expression I'm gonna make some modifications to your face... what do you think about a red handprint?"

"Who's the tallest one now?", he rhetorically asked, inching closer to highlight the evidence.

She glared at him, "Shut up."

"You can deny as long as you want... but remember that there's only one truth."

She didn't give up, "Yes, there's only one truth. And that truth is that you're a complete idiot."

Although she seemed determined not to let him win easily, he knew he had the upper hand this time.

She exploited his silence to strike another blow, "And then, you're boasting like you were two meters higher than me when it's a matter of not even five centimeters."

"For now, but I'm only fifteen, the more I'll grow, the more the difference will increase.", he remarked.

"You're forgetting that I'll grow up as well. And I could even decide to create a poison to block your height growth."

He brought his face closer so that his breath tickled her face, "You'll be so short comparing to me that you'll have to stand on tiptoes to kiss me."

She crossed her arms and withdrew her gaze away from his, shutting her eyes, "Fine, then it won't be worth it anymore, I'll just stop doing that."

"You love it too much to stop."

"Don't test me."

He giggled, "And you don't play hard."