Chapter 12

After our dance together we wanted to get something to drink. We pushed past lots of dancing couples to get to the bar. Once I was even pushed aside by a couple. I tried to walk past them, but there were people dancing everywhere who also wouldn't let me through. How many people and vampires are there anyway?

When I suddenly felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me through the dancing crowd. Amazed, I didn't resist, instead I let the person guide me through the room. She led me past the bar where I could hear my father and mother talking. They talked and my little sister kept pulling on my mother's dress. I think she wants to play with the other kids too.

Completely lost in thought, I did not notice how I was led outside through the entrance. There were no people here at all. Almost no. Just a couple sat on a bench and kissed wildly. Hopefully they wouldn't eat each other right away. But I shouldn't rather open my mouth that wide, after all, I often kiss Kaname too...

"Finally I'm no longer in this disgusting sweating crowd," sighed a female voice in relief. I turned to her and saw Sakura stretching her arms towards the sky and her back making cracking noises. "It's not that bad", I gave of myself and ran past the kissing couple. Sakura followed me immediately so that she was now walking next to me.

"How was it?" I asked her, but didn't look at her. "What do you mean?" She asked innocently and ran a little faster. "With Adam?" "What should have been there?", She mumbled softly, so that I could almost not understand her. "Did you talk to him or dance?" I pestered her with my questions and held her by one arm so that she could finally stand still. So she stopped and looked on the floor. "Didn't he dance with you, or asked you?" I asked her.

"No, it wasn't like that. He danced and talked with me." she admitted and then looked at me with a small smile. "He even flirted with me," she told me and I could see her face turning red. Her face grew redder and redder until it resembled the color of a tomato. Was Sakura just really turning red? The sakura who usually wants to rip off the heads of vampires?

"Are you in love?" Suddenly burst out of me and I looked at her with a small grin. She then looked at me with wide eyes. "Is there someone in love?" I teased her, wiggling my eyebrows playfully. Since I knew her well by now, I knew very well that she was in love with him.

"OK. I think I'm in love. But I think it won't work for us because I don't live here and neither does he. You have to know, I hate long-distance relationships," she told me in a sad voice and in the end her voice slowly began to tremble. She began to sob, covering her face with her hands so that I wouldn't see her sad face. In the beginning she knew I don't know what to do, but finally I went to her to give her a comforting pat on the back. I whispered, "Maybe there is a solution for everything." "I don't know," she replied, taking her hands out face to look at me. "I can't go back like this!" she whispered angrily at herself for allowing a boy to break her heart even though she didn't even know him. The make-up was ruined. You could tell from her eyes that she had been crying.

"If you want we can go home together," I suggested to her. "I don't want to ruin your evening with Kaname. Not because of me" "You're my friend. I will help you as you helped me. Kaname will understand, I think," I said and together we walked back to the villa.

From the entrance, I suggested that Sakura wait outside so I could look for my parents. Besides, I don't think she wants to go into the house. As I walked through the entrance, I immediately looked around for my parents. I couldn't see her anywhere, but I wasn't about to give up right now.

First I went past the bar again, where I saw Aido and Kaname. They were talking about something I couldn't understand because of the loud music. For a long time I looked at them intensely, but then I realized again why I was actually here again. I was about to avert my gaze when I noticed that they felt they were being watched and stopped talking. As if they could feel my eyes in their back, they turned and looked at me with their eyes. Kaname wanted to get up to come over to me, but I gave him a hand signal that he could stay. I would like to go to Kaname, but Sakura is more important right now. She is my friend and I will not fail a friend.