Chapter 21

Jisung and Chenle walked through the streets, their hands swinging in the space between the two of them. Jisung grabbed Chenle's hand without a thought as to what he was doing, freezing momentarily once the realisation hit him, but Chenle was the one to lace their fingers together when he noticed Jisung's hesitation.

"Oh! Let's go there!" Chenle said, pointing at an ice cream parlour a few shops away.

He was practically bouncing in place, and who was Jisung to refuse when his boyfriend looked so adorable, his eyes wide and begging. That didn't mean that Jisung wouldn't tease him before inevitably giving in, because since becoming Chenle's official boyfriend and being allowed to tease the older as much as he wanted, he had realised that he quite liked his boyfriend's cute reactions.

"It's the middle of winter, baby," Jisung told him, "You'll be cold if we get ice cream."

"Then you can cuddle me," Chenle replied, "And I won't be cold anymore."

Jisung let Chenle pull him towards the ice cream parlour. It was a small place, and since it was the dead middle of winter and no one in their right minds would be getting ice cream at that time of the year, it was empty when the two boys entered.

The bell above the door rang as they pushed the door open, its soft melody alerting the man behind the counter of the couple's arrival.

He was of average height, but still shorter than both Jisung and Chenle. He had long hair, slightly wavy and dyed brown. The nametag on his shirt read 'Yuta'.

"Welcome to Yuta's Ice Cream," The male, who was most likely the owner based on the fact that his name was in the name of the parlour, said to the couple, "Do you two know what you want?"

Chenle approached the counter, letting go of Jisung's hand to instead press his fingers onto the glass separating  him from the rows of ice cream flavours, looking at the ice cream with eyes wide in excitement. Jisung wasn't looking at the ice cream, he couldn't care less about it, watching the way Chenle's eyes actually sparkled was much more important.

It couldn't be said that he didn't have his priorities straight.

"Hmm, I want mint chocolate chip," Chenle decided finally, straightening up.

Jisung gasped, looking over at Chenle with an expression that was mixed disappointment and astonishment. Part of it was him acting overdramatic, but a part of him was truly shocked at his boyfriend. Chenle had never liked mint chocolate chip ice cream before, Jisung should know, he had been Chenle's confidant since the two had been children and prided himself in knowing everything there was to know about the older.

"I- Chenle," Jisung said, "Since when do you like toothpaste ice cream?"

"I tried it once when I was with Haeun," Jisung pouted and Chenle grabbed a hold of his hand again, "Don't make that face, Sungie. This was before we were even dating, and someone else from the dance team was with us too. I think it was Yeonjun? They ordered mint choco and forced me to try it when I told them I hated it. Turns out it's actually good."

"Oh, so now you're letting other people feed you ice cream?" Jisung's pout deepened as he faked being upset with Chenle.

"Park Jisung that was months ago!" Chenle exclaimed, hitting him playfully, "They're not my type anyway, not to mention that they have a boyfriend."

"You two make a cute couple," Yuta said from behind the counter, scooping Chenle's ice cream into a cone for the male, "Is this going to be all for today?"

"Yeah," Jisung said, pulling his wallet out to pay.

Chenle tried to protest, but Jisung grabbed the ice cream cone that Yuta was holding out towards them, and shoved it into Chenle's hands. There was nothing the older male could do except to watch Jisung pay for him, unless he wanted to drop the ice cream he had just acquired by trying to wrestle the credit card out of Jisung's hand.