Chapter 27 - Epilogue

Soft sunlight shone through the open curtains, basking Jisung in its warm, golden light. He lazily pressed a hand to his face, covering his eyes with the back of his arm in an effort to block the sunlight from his vision. He could only sigh, the glare of the light wasn't going to leave anytime soon, and it was best to get up before he fell back asleep.

He was so warm, he didn't want to get out of bed, so he rolled over to his side, hoping to convince Chenle to have a lazy day in bed with him, only to find that his boyfriend's side of the bed was cold.

He slowly opened his eyes, blinking away the last remnants of sleep. As he had expected, Chenle was nowhere to be found, and there was no crease in the pillow to show that the older male had slept in the bed at all. Rather, it looked as though it had been vacant all night, and that worried Jisung.

He and Chenle were in their third year of University, and it was also their third year living together as a couple.

They had bought a small apartment, big enough for the two of them to live comfortably without having to rely on either of their parents for the rent. There were two rooms, one of which was used by their friends when they stayed over late and didn't have the willpower to go all the way back to their own apartments.

Jaemin, Renjun, and Jeno were still a happy couple, and they were planning on moving into a larger house once they graduated together. Mark and Donghyuck were the same way. But the friends were all busy with their own lives, and sometimes it was difficult to keep in contact with one another the way they had in high school.

That didn't mean they didn't try. They were Jisung's family, and no matter how much time they spent apart, it was always easy for them to fall back into a comfortable routine whenever they met up.

Jisung rolled out of bed, letting out an annoyed groan at the feeling of the cold air hitting his bare chest. He padded out of the bedroom, making his way towards the kitchen, where he found Chenle, just as he had expected.

His head was resting on an open textbook, his lips open in a small pout, his eyes shut and his face peaceful. His black hair was falling into his eyes, and Jisung brushed a strand away from his boyfriend's face, tucking it behind the older's ear.

Silently, so as not to wake his boyfriend, Jisung made his way to the coffee machine on the counter. He was in no way a good cook, and he would definitely make a mess of the kitchen if he tried to make breakfast for his boyfriend, but he knew how to make coffee, at least.

Once the coffee had finished brewing, he poured it into two mugs, one for himself and one for Chenle.

Jisung placed the mugs down on the kitchen table, pushing some of Chenle's textbooks to the side to make room for the drinks. He slid into the seat opposite Chenle and spent a few moments just watching his boyfriend's beautiful face.

Chenle was art.

Everything about him was perfection. It was the way he spoke loudly when he was excited, the way his laugh squeaked like a dolphin, the way he looked at Jisung with eyes so full of love, the way he kissed Jisung good morning oh so softly, and the way they kissed more feverishly late at night when they were alone.

He was lovely, more beautiful than anything that could be found in a museum. He was too precious for a museum, where he could be seen by everyone. He belonged to Jisung only, he was for Jisung's eyes only.

He was the only one who got to see every part of Chenle, the good and the bad, no matter what it was. And maybe he was greedy to want Chenle all to himself, but he had gotten him anyway.

Sometimes, his whole relationship with Chenle still felt like a dream. It was unreal that Jisung could be dating someone so ethereal. Chenle wasn't perfect, far from it, but his flaws made him even better in Jisung's eyes, because they proved that he was human.

"Lele," Jisung said with a smile that was clear in his voice, "It's time to wake up, baby. If you keep sleeping like that your neck will get sore."

Chenle pouted in his sleep, mumbling something that sounded vaguely along the lines of "five more minutes," and Jisung giggled at his boyfriend's cuteness.

Jisung kissed Chenle's hair, and a few moments after he pulled away, Chenle lifted his head from the textbook, blinking up at him with his long black eyelashes framing tired eyes.

"Morning Sungie," He said in his groggy, sleep-muddled voice.

"Mmh, good morning to you too sleepy baby," Jisung teased, and Chenle didn't have the energy to fight back. It was too early in the morning for him to do anything but accept Jisung's comment with a shy smile.

'Yeah,' Jisung thought as he watched Chenle take the first sip of his morning coffee, sending Jisung a smile and a muttered 'thank you' from above the rim of the mug, 'I'm hopelessly in love with him.'

- 🐥 & 🐬 -

𝑆𝑜 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔?
𝐶𝑢𝑡𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑜?
𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦, 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑐 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑘ℎ𝑦𝑢𝑐𝑘.
𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 "𝐹𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑀𝑒" 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑.
𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦, 𝑖𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒!
𝐵𝑦𝑒!

🎉 𝑀𝑦 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 | 𝐶ℎ𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔 hikayesini okumayı bitirdin 🎉