A new year

Jett

We returned to school and dealt with the snow. It seems Mother Nature thought she would provide us with a freakish snowstorm. The college canceled classes for everyone.

I went to pick up hot cocoas for Amelia and me, then ran into Kaden at the coffeehouse. Now, this is where things get tricky. We get to talking about something, then one thing leads to another, and the discussion of sex enters the conversation.

"Are you kidding me?" Kaden asked with irritation.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't even think about deflowering my baby cousin," Kaden warned.

"Whoa! Where did you get the idea I was deflowering Amelia?" I gave Kaden an incredulous look.

"You asked me about what you should do since Amelia saw you naked," Kaden retorted.

"I meant, how do I keep her from bringing it up. Her dad wanted to rip my head off and beat me with it."

"Wait. Are you not thinking of deflowering my cousin?"

"No! Why would I tell you something like that?" I said, my voice rising.

I stared at Kaden in disbelief. You're wondering how we got to this topic. Let me backtrack. Kaden and I had a simple conversation. Then I let it slipped about Amelia mentioning seeing me naked in the shower to her dad. All I wanted was to know how to talk to Amelia about this situation. Then Kaden accused me of wanting to deflower her. It's not that my mind doesn't drift there, but he doesn't need to know that.

While arguing, we weren't paying attention to the line. A person cleared their throat as we noticed we were at the counter. The barista gave us a weird look.

"We were discussing a sex scene of a book," I mentioned.

The barista looked at me like I had two heads, and Kaden rolled his eyes. Yeah, never argue about sex in a public place. It never ends well.

I ordered my two hot cocoas, paid for them, then left before Kaden gave me a lecture about deflowering Amelia again. Once was enough for me. I trudge through the snow, making my way to Amelia's dorm room, then pressed the button to the buzzer. I heard the door buzz and opened the door, entering the building and making my way up to her room.

I knocked, and Amelia answered it as I shook the snow off of me. "I thought you would like a hot cocoa," I offered, holding out the container. Amelia smiled and took it. I followed her into her room, closing the door behind me.

"So I had a somewhat interesting conversation with Kaden," I mentioned, removing my coat and laying it over the back of the chair.

"About what?" Amelia asked, taking small sips of her cocoa.

"I'm not sure, but he thinks I will deflower you," I answered.

Amelia blinked as she stared at me. I walked over and sat down next to her on her bed.

"Do you want to deflower me?" Amelia asked.

"Uh, um," I said, trying to figure out what I wanted to say.

"Doesn't deflowering mean to have sex?" Amelia gave me a curious look.

"Well, I," I stammered because I didn't prepare myself for this conversation.

"Do you want to have sex with me?"

I could feel my cheeks burn as I blew air past my lips. I wouldn't look at Amelia because I know I'm turning three shades of red. Have you seen the color of a stop sign? I'm sure my face was as red as that sign.