ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁸

Dreams Pov:

       On the morning of our last day in London I was woken up by the light which snuck in through the gaps in the blinds. The night before Wilbur had reminded us that we should get an early start on our drive to Brighton, seeing as the owners wanted us out by noon. Squinting in the early light I stretched out my arm and rummaged blindly on the floor for my phone. Raising it to my face I glanced at the time, 11:24. 

       Looking around the room I stared at my mess, it seemed virtually impossible to get ready in thirty minutes but I had to try. I sprung to my feet and began throwing the scattered items in the direction of my bag. After about five minutes a perfectly prepared Wilbur strolled downstairs carrying his things.

           "Why is George still sleeping?" He said as he stepped into the living room.

        George? Oh shit.

        Despite the chaos that had ensued George was deep asleep, practically drooling on his pillow. I hated to wake him from his content state but looking back at the time I realized our situation was only getting more dire. I glanced over at a chuckling Wilbur before attempting to haul George into a sitting position.

         "Hey, hey, hey," he said through a yawn.

         "We have like ten minutes get your stuff together."

      He started to slip back into the sofa pillows but I dove to pull him back up.

          "I'm serious George."

      We locked eyes and without a word he pulled himself up and began to pull his things together. His mess was minor compared to mine. After a few minutes he had managed to get himself ready and change. 

     Taking a final glance for things we might be forgetting, the three of us stepped out of the front door. It was a surprisingly sunny day. I looked over at the still sleepy George and smiled, I would be missing this day if he hadn't offered to let me stay with him. George's little old car would be a tight squeeze for all of us.

     After plugging a small natural attraction into the gps I sunk back into the passenger seat. A final reassuring glance from George and I let myself zone out while watching the passing towns. I must have fallen asleep somewhere around the outer suburbs because when I came to all that was visible was fields surrounding us for miles and the road up ahead. A pressure on my thigh caught my attention but I tried to keep myself together as my view slowly moved down. George had a light grip on me. His eyes were still fixated on the road. I wondered how long his hand had been there, had Wilbur noticed? 

     A loud snort let out from the backseat and I realized he had been asleep this whole time too. Instinctively I let out a giggle and George looked over at me. His startled expression met mine before we both looked back to my thigh, where he quickly released and put his hand back on the wheel. 

     Trying to avoid any further confrontation, I slipped my hand into my sweatshirt pocket and pulled out my phone. Last night Wilbur had finally released information on Tommy's incident. It had to happen at one point, he had never gone this long without streaming- or especially posting on any social media whatsoever. Thankfully it had prompted a wave of love and support. I killed a bit more time replying to tweets and checking my dms until we reached the cliffs. Ever since accidentally walking in as my mom watched Poldark I had been attracted to England's coast and wanted to make a point of seeing it before I left.

         "Wilbur," George said calmly as he pulled into the rocky parking lot. Wilbur didn't budge. 

          "Wilbur!" He said louder this time. Still nothing.

     I got out of the car and threw open the other doors, giving Wilbur a yank. He flickered his eyes and took in a gulp of the salty air.

         "Are we going swimming?" He asked through another yawn.

         "No," said George and I synchronously.

    Wilbur stiffly pulled himself out of the car and the three of us started on the small hike to the lookout. George walked ahead, letting the breeze rustle through his hair and pull at his light jacket. Moments later we arrived at our destination. Below us was a steep drop onto barrier rocks and in front was water as far as the eye could see. I pointed out a small puffin colony lounging on one of the outer rocks.

    George stepped forward to try and make it out, "what, I literally can't see-" the ledge he had put his left foot on began to crumble. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back, the weight of which caused us both to fall on the grass. Wilbur, who had been too fixated on the water looked over at us.

        "Ah, good. Can't lose two friends on this trip."

    Me and George made eye contact before bursting out in laughter at his casualness. I sprung back up and once again held out my hand, offering George a lift up. He accepted and we both made sure to avoid the edge.

    Before leaving I made a point of snapping a few pictures, my favorite of which I immediately posted on my twitter. It was of a windswept George and Wilbur glaring at the camera as I held up a peace sign in front of the lense, obviously keeping my face out of it. The replies rolled in fast.

           | dougsavagesimp: @WilburSoot quit third wheeling

          | guitarleaf: i thought y'all were just in london ??

          | lompy: @guitarleaf @Dream he's meeting the parents 

    I snickered a little bit at their remarks before putting my phone back in my pocket and following Wilbur and George back to the car.