ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ²

Dreams Pov:

           A familiar face bounded down the steep steps, practically running into me but composing himself before contact. "Well lads," Tommy said, changing his eye contact from George to I, "here we are." "Oh come on," I chuckled, pulling him into an embrace. 

        George and Tommy did the same as I scanned the first floor. Wilbur poked his head out from the kitchen, "I just ordered pizza, should we move your bags to- oh," he caught himself. He hurried to where we stood at the door, "okay so we may have been misled...." "care to enlighten me?" George replied.                                                                                                                                                       

      "The upstairs bedrooms are tiny and only have twin beds in them, we think they got away with calling it a four bed because the downstairs couches pull out, sorry guys," Wilbur stated awkwardly. I shrugged and moved my duffles over to the couches, "It's not a big deal, we'll be out of the house mostly anyways," I said. George nodded and placed his backpack on the opposite couch. 

       After checking in I went upstairs to shower, feeling dirty from the days-long voyage. As I stripped off my sweatshirt I stared at myself in the small mirror. It grew foggier and foggier around the edges as the hot water ran and I delayed my entrance.

       An abrupt knock shook me from my state, "Clay hurry up, I want to shower before the food comes," George's voice rang through the door. "Just a minute!" I yelled back and then stepped onto the wet shower tiles. 

       The scorching water felt cleansing on my back. I let myself sink into my thoughts and replayed the moment prior over in my head, a thousand different scenarios. What if George had accidentally opened the door, locking eyes as he realized his mistake and closed the narrow gap.  Actually remembering what he had said I quickly cleaned myself off and finished with a cold rinse.  

         After changing I walked back down to the kitchen where Tommy and Wilbur were arguing over what movie to watch. Realizing I was there, Wilbur kicked out the chair next to me. "Clay you have got to settle this for us," he began, "the Bee Movie or Ferris Bueller's Day off?" I laughed at their stern faces, this was clearly an important debate to them. "I like Bee's" I shrugged as I sank into the seat next to Wilbur. Tommy's face lit up, "he has taste!" No I didn't, I just liked Seinfeld. 

        Their conversation blurred into background noise as I scrolled through twitter.

|TommyInnit: excited to see the men! not excited to be sharing a house with an american but we pick our battles

           Smirking, I looked up at Tommy who didn't even notice. I typed out my reply.

|Dream: i'll drop you in the harbor with that tea

         Tommy- who was constantly refreshing his feed, gasped and stared at me. "Are we about to fight right now?" He said, shaking slightly. The doorbell saved us and Wilbur quickly jumped up to get our pizzas. "You're spared another night," I replied, grinning at him before rising too to get out paper plates. 

          George returned from the bathroom and all of us gathered around to start the movie. About halfway through, George who had been twitching around on the couch plopped down on the floor in front of me. He folded his legs and looked up at me, "feel free to braid my hair," he said smiling. I ran my fingers through it, "I'll work with what you have," I responded. 

          Across the room Wilbur scrunched his brows at me in confusion. I shrugged back at him and went back to twisting George's short strands over each other. I eventually drifted asleep, waking up to Tommy's loud critique of interspecies relationships. After everyone had cleared their plates we decided to turn in for the evening, which I was perfectly fine with. I collapsed down on the couch and flipped onto my chest to do a final scroll through social media.

|WilburSoot: What is going on here

The inserted picture was George attentively watching the movie while I fiddled with his hair, and was thankfully cropped at my hands, preserving my identity. I liked it and went to see the responses from fans

|fatkoii: 🥺 Cottagecore

|pussyputasmellonme: I want to eat dweams hands

           Yeah that will be enough. I looked over at George one last time and let myself sink into sleep. 

                                          thank you to everyone who's been reading so far! 

           I'm hoping to upload anywhere from everyday to every few days depending on my motivation and school workload. Very big plot change coming soon so stick with me.