A much needed series of changes

Severus Snape quickly walks in to find McGonagall sitting in a chair next to his children with glamours dispelled. He rounds on Pomfrey when he hears a cough.

"Really Severus did you think so little of me I wouldn't recognize my unofficial grandchildren," McGonagall asks.

"Grandchildren,!" They chorus.

"Since when," Hermione asks.

"Well Camelia since Lily had Hadrian and then agreed to be the surrogate for Regulus and Severus. Or if you mean when did I recognize them for who they are? Well my dear man I saw you three leave at the end of the semester," she says in a very matter of fact way, looking at Hermione.

The shaking form of Eve shifting and thrashing brings their attention back to the sweating form in the bed. Severus leans down to stroke his youngest's head.

"These are the worst nightmares she's had," Camelia says worriedly looking in.

"Wait what day is it now," Hadrian asks suddenly.

"October 13th, why," Pomfrey says.

"How could I forget," Camelia and Hadrian gasp together.

Snape sighs and pulls the children into a hug. Pomfrey and McGonagall exchange confused looks. Then Eve shoots up into the air and then floats down wide awake. Whimpering Eve grabs ahold of her family.

"It's ok, shhhhh. It's ok you are safe," Severus says in low calm tone.

"What's going on," McGonagall asks.

"The night Eve and Camelia disappeared was at midnight 7 years ago," Hadrian says.

"I was up reading and kept expecting her to barrel in," Camelia says stroking Eve's hair.

Eve suddenly grabbed her middle. Crying she looks up at her siblings before settling on Snape. Tears streaming her face she is hugged.

"I'm sorry Papa. I couldn't stop them. They took and took and I couldn't move," she cries into the robes.

Stroking the girl's head he holds his smallest close. McGonagall steps forward and touches Snape's shoulder. He looks up ready to attack but stops.

"It's ok Severus I will take responsibility. I suspected the glamours were taxing her too much as it is. To that end I made some preparations," the Assistant-Headmistress says.

"So what does that mean," Eve asks.

"You three will be wearing these," she says pulling out a set of rings. "They will anchor the glamours so your cores won't have to. One of the three of us will renew them every day as we work towards changing your appearances through mundane explanations."

"What about Dumbledore though? Won't he be suspicious," Hermione asks.

"Harumph, that man won't care as long as we describe it as childish experimentation and other means," Pomfrey says.

Eve looks up confused and then looks at Hermione. Looking at the adults she rubs her eyes. Luna slips over and hugs her mate. McGonagall sees the move and smiles.

"So who has the hair dye? Or are we going the contacts route," Luna asks.

"Well the glasses to contacts would be the easiest thing for the Hadrian and Eve, given how often their glasses get broken," Hermione says.

"I think we should do hair next and do that in the dorms. I can even tell it's because I kept being haunted by the nightmares and wanting to take control over my life. Which given psychological and parenting journals is completely normal especially given our differing developmental paths," Eve says waking up.