Better be Gryffindor

I do not own Harry Potter.

After a full round of hugs and a reapplication of glamours, Harry and Evelyn Potter, Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy boarded the Hogwarts Express. The four sat companionably as other families started arriving. Shortly after Pansy's arrival Eve yawns and falls asleep against Hermione's shoulder. She doesn't even stir when a loud family of red heads hurried onto the platform.

Pansy and Draco smile sadly as they slip off to the cabin that Blaise had snagged for them. They both pat Eve on their way out. Pushing onto the train Ron, Fred, George and Ginny Weasley move down the train.

"Here they are, Ron, told you we'd find them," Fred says.

"Awe and she is a sound sleeper if she can sleep through this," George says poking Eve before jumping back at a hiss.

Jane and Regina slip out and curl up on Eve's chest.

"Careful guys, Jane and Regina are rather protective of Eve," Harry says.

"What? First years are only allowed a cat, toad or owl. They certainly aren't allowed a snake or lizard especially not both," Ginny bursts out.

"Actually the rule is for pets not for familiars but even Ron has Scabbers," Hermione says.

"Yeah right, how can she have a familiar she's only 11 like me," Ginny grumps.

"She found them the same time I found Meridia and Hermione found Poe," Harry says as the green snake climbs down from the luggage rack.

Poe responds from his cage up above and Hermione smiles at Ginny's frown. Meanwhile Fred and George lean in fascinated by the serpent and reptile.

"Wicked, which one is which," Ron asks.

"Jane is the crested lizard and Regina is the snake. They help her with her rehab and to balance her magic," Harry says.

"Oh, well if you say so Harry," Ginny says turning a smile to him.

"Hello Ginny," a blonde girl says in a dreamy voice.

Wearing radish earrings and a soft blue top and checkered skirt, the girl stands in the doorway. After a moment she moves to sitting on the bench next to Eve.

"Oh Luna, there you are let's go find a compartment,"Ginny says.

"You can go. I think I like it here," Luna says looking at Eve.

Suddenly Eve jerks awake looking wild eyed. Jane perched on Eve's right shoulder and Regina coils around her neck. Within a few breaths Eve is fully awake and looks around.

"Oh hello Ginny, Ron, Fred, George and umm I'm sorry I don't recognize you," Eve says looking around and greeting them in turn.

"It's ok Kimberley I'm Luna Lovegood," Luna says with a smile.

"Umm I'm sorry but my name is Evelyn Potter," Eve says even as she internally freaks.

"Oh I guess that's, right. The Nargles said I should have used the other name though," Luna says confused.

"It's ok," Eve says and reaches her hand out.

Luna takes it and from the second their hands touch both girls' eyes widen. Both girls whisper one word "Mate." Fred, George and Hermione hear the word but not the others.

"Come on Gin, lets go find Lee Jordan," Fred says.

"Yeah, he's the one we told you about," George says.

"Oh, right. Coming Luna," Ginny asks looking to her friend.

"No thank you Ginny. I'm good here," Luna says reaching up to run a finger gently across Jane's head.