Chapter Twenty

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"
"Black speech"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Twenty:

Two months after the Council of Elrond, on the 25th of December, the Fellowship left the comforts of Imladris to complete their quest.

Those months were spent running around making preparations, beginning to train the hobbits (the latter was predominantly left to Glorfindel and his "CONSTANT VIGILANCE" motto - something the hobbits grew to hate within half an hour), plotting a safe route, gathering supplies and getting to know one another in any free time.

Time seemed to slip by far too quickly, like trying to hold water in your hands (by the time you realise you need to press your palms and fingers together tightly, most of the water has already gone).

Standing in the courtyard, the company said goodbye.

Elrond, Arwen, Elladan and Elrohir had simply held Narvana tightly, and asked her to come back, to which she responded: "I'll never leave so long as you keep me in here," pointing to their hearts.

Erestor had surprisingly come to say goodbye to Glorfindel, whacking him on the shoulder and telling him to not be a "complete and utter moron and get yourself killed." The Balrog-Slayer had simply grinned unrepentantly, and Erestor would forever regret coming out to say goodbye to the Captain because he would have to endure an eternity of teasing for it.

"The Ringbearer is setting out on the quest of Mount Doom, and you who travel with him," Elrond spoke to them, letting determination bleed into his intonation. "No oath nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose and may the blessings of elves," he looked to Legolas, Narvana and Glorfindel, "and men," he let his gaze rest on Aragorn and Boromir, "and all free folk," he looked to the others, "go with you."

Elrond then raised his hand in a gesture of farewell, and the fellowship turned, Narvana gifting her family one last smile and Glorfindel nodding to Elrond. Bilbo gazed sadly at Frodo, pointing to his heart, and Frodo's lips turned up briefly. Aragorn smiled gently at Arwen, who waved delicately, and then they turned and began walking.

"Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?" Frodo murmured, absently scratching Bill-the-pony's nose when he nudged the hobbit.

The grey wizard placed a wrinkly hand on the hobbit's shoulder. "Left."

And thus the fellowship left Rivendell.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"I'm scared, Em." Frodo had whispered as they looked up at the night sky, the night before they were set to leave Rivendell.

Narvana had smiled gently. "I'd consider you a fool if you weren't. Besides, being scared is a good thing, I think. It keeps you alive. I've been scared my whole life but I'm still here."

Samwise Gamgee, who had been sitting a few meters away and pretending not to listen, had smiled genuinely, the words seeming to resonate within him. And then Narvana had looked directly at him and continued before he could look away: