Chapter Thirteen

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"
"Black speech"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Thirteen:

"You are well known among some of my people."

Narvana did not jump as Thranduil's voice sounded from behind her, turning around slowly and lightly cocking her head.

"Oh?"

The king nodded simply. "A few thousand years ago, you rescued an elfling from one of our villages on the outskirts of Greenwood. The elleth was one of the only children in our kingdom at the time - that sort of thing is not forgotten. Elanor is also my son's wife. Not to mention, you have gained quite the reputation with our kin and other races." He smirked lightly. "Woodland elves do not like to venture out of the comfort of our home but that does not mean we are blind nor deaf."

Narvana smiled slightly, raising an eyebrow. "I never for one second thought you were,"

"Good." He responded with raised eyebrows, turning and leaving.

"That was a rather odd interaction." Glorfindel snorted as he sidled up beside her.

"Were you eavesdropping, Lord Glorfindel?"

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Narvana scoffed. "Right."

He leant against the wall, scratching her horse on the nose who then leant into his touch. "He likes you."

"Pardon?" Narvana asked, bewildered.

Glorfindel nodded. "He's interested in you. It's rare the Elvenking spares a stranger with anything more than a quick glance, but he instigated an actual conversation with you." He nodded seriously, attempting to sneakily feel Rubime an apple. Narvana rolled her eyes as her pony nudged Glorfindel eagerly with doe-eyes. Glorfindel grinned.

The cheek.

"Honestly, I think he respects you." He shrugged, before huffing. "Don't know how you do it to be honest."

Narvana snorted. "Ah, that'll be my natural charisma and witty banter."

"Right." Glorfindel responded disbelievingly, following behind her nonetheless as they looked for Gandalf.

The night was thick with darkness, oppressively so, the stars veiled by the thick blanket of cloud which stirred silently.

Keen elven eyes could make out no movement in Erebor.

Fires for civilians burned up in Dale, small beacons in the sky. They did not provide enough heat to warm the hearts of all.

The two warriors in golden armour walked through Dale as they sought Gandalf, nodding to those who smiled at them, until they came to the town hall.

The building was still relatively intact and was being used as healing halls; so, shrugging, the two went in.

Many people lay on the floor in pain, groaning as those with any sort of healing knowledge attempted to aid them.