Chapter Five

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Five:

Radagast seemed to take to the young elf as much as she took to him. There were few people in Arda who understood him like she did - Gandalf, and the Lady Galadriel being two others - and who would listen with actual attention to what he said.

He reminded Narvana so much of Luna - he was something of a combination of Luna, Hagrid and Neville, in her eyes.

He was such a kind soul, not a bad bone in his body; he was passionate about his work, and clearly very knowledgeable. Normally, they spent time in companionable silence, only the occasional question or muttering destroying said silence. Gandalf left the day after arriving with her, confident that there was nothing to fear.

Radagast taught her about all the animals he had encountered, thrilled to have someone who would listen with such rapt attention, and taught her animal healing, which was not much different to elven healing, except the difference in structures of bones and the like, meaning extra care had to be taken.

She loved every minute of her time with the (slightly crazy, yet no less ingenious) wizard.
But, by far, the best day was in the year 1088, on a beautiful autumns day.

Radagast had finally been granted a meeting with Gwaihir the Windlord, lord of the eagles.

He had so far been unsuccessful in befriending them, yet was determined to do so.

They both walked to the meeting point - a meadow just on the outskirts of the forest. The pair waited for about an hour before a great flapping of wings was heard, and three eagles landed about five meters away from them. The one in the middle was clearly the lord (if possible, given he was a bird, he had a regal stance). His eyes were a piercing gold, much like Hedwig's, her first owl, were in life. He almost seemed... haughty.

She watched Radagast try and communicate with them for about ten minutes, before they showed signs of irritation. She stepped forward slowly, hands in the air to show she meant no harm. The eagles appeared to scrutinise her carefully.

"Can I try?" She asked Radagast softly. He nodded and stepped back.

Narvana repositioned herself so that she was in front of Gwaihir, yet still a distance away, before an idea struck her. She bowed low, keeping her eyes on Gwaihir's, refusing to blink. After about three minutes (her eyes were really watering by this point), the majestic eagle returned the favour, shortly followed by his companions. He then stepped forward slightly, head cocked, and she raised her palms in front of her, blinking slowly, and the creature slowly edged forward, until he gently nuzzled her palm, not taking his eyes off her.

She beamed and stroked his feathers above his beak softly. If eagles could purr, she was sure that is precisely what he would have done.

She then explained 'the buckbeak principle' to Radagast, stating that it was only an idea she had had, and he listened eagerly. From that day on in, there were no problems befriending the eagles.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

It was the year 1093, seven years before she left Radagast, in which she acquired her very first new name.