Ch. 7

A gasp escaped from Sarada's mouth when she noticed something... or someone behind them. The figure was just a few trees away from the tree that the two comrades were sitting on.

Boruto noticed her gasp and looked into the same direction of where Sarada was looking to see the same thing that she was seeing. It was definitely a person. But who?

"Don't look so scared. I don't bite." The voice said. Sarada activated her Sharingan and put on a face that told the enemy that she wasn't scared and was ready to fight if it had to come to that.

"We aren't asking for trouble but who are you and what are you doing here?" Boruto yelled to the stranger. The figure slowly stood up from their crouching position and jumped to the next few trees.  That's when the two let out a sigh of relief when they realized it was just Kawaki. But Sarada still had her Sharingan activated.

That's odd. Boruto thought as he looked over to Sarada while smiled at Kawaki.

"What are you doing out here in the woods so far from the village anyways?" Boruto asked Kawaki, raising his eyebrow at him in suspicion. Kawaki chuckled and stared down at his feet before replying with, "Sometimes I just need to get away from everything, you know? Just to get some fresh air, feel free. Don't you guys ever feel like you're trapped in a cage while being cooped up inside of Konoha all the time?" Boruto and Sarada exchange a look and look back over at Kawaki, who is still facing the ground.

"The village isn't all that small. I feel that way when I'm in my house all day but not walking around with my friends." Sarada tells him as Boruto nods his head.

Kawaki finally looks up at the two and lets out a quiet "Hm."

"We are actually on a mission alone right now but be careful and aware of your surroundings. Boruto and I found a bomb in the bush just before we saw you. We believe that it was meant to be disguised as an apple that fell from one of the trees. We're still trying to find who did it but we'll figure it out eventually." Sarada tells Kawaki with a more than serious look on her face.

He nods and says, "Well um I guess I'll let you two love birds continue on with your mission and I hope you find who did it." He gave a gentle fake smile at the two teenagers and then jumped into the sky, most likely just leaping above the trees instead of in them.

Boruto and Sarada looked at each other and immediately blushed when Kawaki called them love birds. She looked embarrassed and put a piece of hair hair behind her ear. Boruto then noticed that Sarada no longer had her Sharingan activated and gave her a sweet smile even after what just happened. She only glanced at him before bringing her eyes back to the ground.

Boruto cleared his throat, breaking the silence and said, "I guess we'd better get going. The sooner we get this mission done, the sooner we can go home." He said with a determined look on his face. Sarada giggled while she was still blushing and agreed with him. Then they continued to jump from tree to tree while keeping their eyes open for anyone that might try to attack them.

Sarada POV
When Boruto said "The faster we get this mission done, the sooner we can get home", my heart ached for a second and I spent the rest of our time wondering why. If I'm being honest, deep down inside, I wished that our mission lasted just one more night so that I could sleep with Boruto again. I feel like we might've had some sort of connection this morning. Boruto then noticed my long face that I made while I was lost in my thoughts.

"What are you thinking about? Something bothering you." I quickly change my facial expression to a smile with a bit of blush. He actually cared. "Come on Sara, don't play that act on me. I know you, and I know that there's something wrong. What is it? You can tell me."

I give myself a second to think before responding. Should I really tell my childhood rival that I want to spend another night with him? It could either go really bad or really good. I suppose I'll never know unless I tell him the truth. Plus, there is no one else here with us to make fun of me if this fails.

Narrator POV
I just... I've been thinking about what you said earlier. You know. About us completing the mission and getting home soon." Boruto raises his eyebrow and asks her, "Yeah, what about it?" Sarada tries get the words out of her mouth and replies, "I... I... I just wish we could spend another night together." She says while her entire face gets flushed.

Surprisingly Boruto didn't laugh, make fun of her, or freak out about it. Instead, he said what nobody would've thought he would say.

"Me too." Sarada widened her eyes at his comment, followed by a gasp and her face remained red. Boruto let out a quiet laugh at Sarada's reaction.

S: "Wha.. What's so funny"
B: "Nothing it's just that you looked very shocked at my response."
S: "I just- I thought that you couldn't stand me. We're always arguing."
B: "I still enjoy spending time with you Sarada. You're my best friend.
S: You're mine too Boruto.

They are both blushing while staring into each other's eyes. Boruto presses his forehead against hers, trying not to break the eye contact.

At this point, they're so close to each other that Sarada could feel Boruto's breathing against her sweet red lips. She noticed him slowly get closer to her and right when they are close enough for their lips to touch, Boruto whispers near her ear and says, "We'd better get going." And then pulls away from Sarada.

She just stares up at him, confused. She is at loss for words. How am I ever supposed to know how he's feeling when he does styff like this? A second ago I swear he was about to kiss me. And now, he's trying to make sure that we focus on the mission.

Sarada shakes her head as an effort to clear her mind and follows Boruto as they proceed to what they were doing before they had their moment.

After about an hour or two, they both felt something. Sort of like the chills but it didn't just run down your spine. You could feel it anywhere inside and outside of your body. They both quickly glanced at each other and Sarada said, "I sense someone else's chakra."