Ch. 11

With Sarada cuddled up in Boruto's arms, Boruto wakes up in the middle of the night, remembering what happened before he fell asleep.

Boruto POV
I notice I'm holding something in my arms. I look down and see... SARADA? Was this on purpose? Wait. I remember now. I wrapped my arms around her before falling asleep. Me! I did that! I thought it was just a dream.

Although, I do remember wanting to hold her close in my arms but I never expected myself to actually do it. I don't even know if she feels that way towards me. I guess this shows her feelings towards me because she didn't pull me away or even slap me.

I look down at her and strengthen my hold around her. I never want to let her go. I just want to keep her safe in my arms. Forever. Then my bladder had to ruin the moment. I slowly got up from the ground, trying my hardest not to wake her up. I thought I was successful. But then right as I rolled over, about to get up, Sarada calls my name.

"Boruto... Come back to bed", she says in a whining tone. I go to her face and whisper, "I'm going to do use the bathroom but I'll be right back. I promise." I kissed her forehead and left. I know what you're thinking. I usually wouldn't do that but she was just being so cute. Nothing like how she normally acts. And besides, I doubt she will remember that any of this happened when she wakes up. She was half asleep.

Narrator POV
Boruto goes to take a leak somewhere in the woods but not too close to their camp site just in case Sarada was still awake.

He didn't want her to hear him do his business. But he was still trying to hurry up and do what he had to do so that he didn't leave her alone for too long and so that he can have her in his arms again. He loved that feeling.

Boruto quickly but quietly walked back to Sarada, his heart beating out of his chest. But when he got back, he could see that she was sleeping peacefully with her arms spread out where Boruto was supposed to be laying down.

He bent down and pulled a piece of her hair behind her ear followed by Boruto giving Sarada another kiss but this time, on the cheek. She woke up again and raised her arms up, signaling her Boruto to lay down so that she could wrap her arms around him.

He blushed at this action and layed down with her once again but this time he played with her hair while she wrapped her arms around his neck and placed with Boruto's hair.

Boruto POV
Hopefully this will relax her. She sure is making me feel quite relaxed.

I noticed that Sarada slowly stopped moving her fingers around my hair and tracing her fingers on my neck so I look down at her only to see that she is fast asleep. And just to keep her asleep, I continue playing with her hair. It is also pretty calming to me. Like a stress relief. Then I start to see less and less of the world as my eye lids get lower and lower.

Sarada POV
I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping, reminding me that I slept in the middle of the woods. I move a little, stretching out my arms. I notice that there is something warm next to me. Though I don't know what it is, it comforts me. My eyes flutter open to see my best friend, Boruto.

I panicked a bit once I noticed that my arms were wrapped around his neck and his were wrapped around my waist. Her mind filled with questions but then she regained her memory of the night before and sighed. She blushed and went up to his face and pressed her nose against his and kissed his cheek.

Sarada let out a silent gasp, realizing what she had just done. She looked up at the sun. It was passed sunrise. She grabbed her clothes and put them on so that she Boruto didn't have to see her in a tank top again. She was slightly embarrassed because she felt like she didn't have much there. Once she was fully dressed, she gently woke up Boruto.

"Boruto...", she whispered while she stroked her hand through his hair. He groaned and slowly began to open his eyes. "Sarada? What time is it?" He asked. "Time to get up", she replied as she shook him awake. "Fine." He said. Boruto said up straight and noticed the time.

He quickly grabbed his clothes and put them on. Sarada noticed his body again. His muscles popped out as he threw on his jacket and he pulled down his shorts right in front of her.

She blushed and yelled, "BORUTO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He turned his head around and replied, "I'm sorry, princess have you never seen a boy in his underwear before?" He asked, continuing to change his shorts. Sarada turned red as she just watched him put the rest of his clothes on. After Boruto noticed the silence between the two, he said, "Look. I'm sorry. I just want to hurry up and get out of here. It avoids getting seen by others." Sarada blankly stared at him with her mouth slightly opened. "N- No, it's okay. I get it", She replied.

They packed up the blankets and started their day. "Let's hope that this is our last day out here. I'm starting to get a little homesick." Sarada nodded and said, "Yeah, me too." She looked at the ground while walking until she spoke again and said, "You're starting to smell too, you know. You were sweating a lot yesterday." She smirked and looked at Boruto from the corner of her eye.

"Hey! That's not funny, Uchiha." Boruto turned red out of embarrassment and sped up his walking pace.