Ch. 3

Boruto and Sarada began walking through the woods, barely making eye contact. The walk was silent until one of them spoke.

"You know... the sun's going down pretty quickly and once the sun is down, we won't be able to see our surroundings." Sarada told Boruto. "What exactly are you trying to say?" Boruto asked in confusion. "We should be more aware and probably consider traveling in the trees?" Boruto processed the idea and agreed that it would be a good idea.

After about an hour of jumping trees, they decided it was about time to find the perfect spot to rest. They approached a lake with a field next to it. It was perfect. It was surrounded by trees but at the same time it felt very open and free. Sarada reached into her bag and brought out two blankets and a long pillow. One blanket to sleep on top of and one blanket for her to sleep underneath.

"Oh no..." Boruto whispered under his breath and glanced at Sarada. "What happened?" Sarada asked Boruto. She looked concerned... worried for him. "I forgot to bring a blanket with me. Do you think I could share with you?" Sarada blushed at the thought of sleeping with Boruto. Even though she's only seen him asleep once in the hospital when he got injured during one of their missions, she still thought he looked adorable when he slept.

"What are you blushing about, Sarada?" Boruto asked with a smirk. Sarada rolled her eyes and said "Oh nothing. Just a thought of mine. But um I guess you can share the blanket with me. I hope you don't mind not having a lot of space... I tend to move a lot in my sleep." Sarada said to him, looking a bit embarrassed.

"I don't mind. I tend to talk in my sleep sometimes so I guess that makes us pretty much equal." Boruto smiled at Sarada. Sarada stared back at Boruto, getting lost in his deep blue eyes that she admired so much. Sarada managed to break her trance and looked away. She then asked Boruto, "Hey Boruto... do you think you could go grab us some wood for the fire? It's dark out now and I'm getting pretty cold." Boruto nodded and was about to go on the search for wood but his stomach rumbled indicating that he was hungry. He smiled and nervously chuckled while holding his stomach. Sarada laughed and told him, "Don't worry. My mom packed me a bag full of food specifically for times like this. We can begin eating once you get back with the wood." Boruto sighed in relief and quickly dashed off to find what they needed.

The sooner he got back, the sooner he could satisfy his hunger. It didn't take him long considering the fact that they were completely surrounded by trees. He returned with about 5 short logs of wood and smiled at his progress, showing that he was proud of himself for his work.

"Thanks Boruto. Here", Sarada said as she handed a sandwich to Boruto. His eyes lit up with happiness as he nearly shoved the sandwich down his throat. Sarada laughed at the sight and asked him, "When is the last time that you ate?" Boruto took a second to think to himself and replied, "Right before we left."

"Oh... no wonder why you're so hungry." Sarada said back to him. "Yeah. Aren't you hungry too? I haven't seen you eat at all so far. When is the last time you ate?" Boruto asked the Uchiha. Sarada had to take a moment to think about her response to him. That's when she realized that she hadn't eaten anything since the two pieces of toast that she had for breakfast. "Um... this morning?" Boruto gasped and encouraged her to have some of the food that her mother had packed for her. "No it's okay Boruto." Sarada tried telling him but he wouldn't budge so she decided to eat a sandwich and an apple so that he could leave her alone about eating something. That's when Sarada realized how hungry she actually was which surprised her since she hadn't heard of stomach rumble or even thought about food.

Soon the two settled in beside the fire that they created. Boruto yawned and asked Sarada, "Which side do you want to sleep on?" Sarada took this as a suprise since she wasn't expecting him to ask that sort of question. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Boruto asked her as he realized Sarada was just staring at him with her mouth hanging open.

Sarada shook her head and said, "Oh... sorry. I just wasn't expecting you to actually ask that type of question. It doesn't really matter to me. You can sleep on whatever side you want. Just make sure you leave room for me." Boruto shrugged his shoulders and slid down underneath the covers, trying to get comfortable and adapt to sleeping outside.

Meanwhile, Sarada stayed awake, lost in her own thoughts. Wondering if her mother is safe...wondering where her father is.