❛❛12❞

"Here is the question to decide your fate

"Here is the question to decide your fate." Her voice echoed in the dark cave.

"You Feel Me But You Do Not See Me. You Covet Me But You Do Not Reach Me, I Feed Your Anger And I Sicken Your Desire To Satisfy Me With Every Look...What Am I???"

"Here my breathe is stuck in my throat and she wants to play solve the puzzle and you'll get a gold coin?" Taehyung scoffed at the unbelievable situation they were in. He was terrified to the core, This was the moment he was literally rethinking his life decisions.

"Mommy I'm so sorry! I'm coming to Daegu. I'm regretting my life's decisions!" Taehyung looked at the hideous figure of the spirit for once and scooted towards Jungkook hiding behind him, like he was trying to say...'Protect me my prince, in your shining armor.'

Jungkook's lips quivered as his brain suddenly felt blank. He repeated the riddle again and again in his mind trying hard to get his senses back.

"Anything in your mind hyung?" Jungkook asked Taehyung still maintaining a distance from that hideous figure. Getting stuck inside such a hell like place was the last thing he ever wanted.

"I don't know anything just get me out of here. Please!" Taehyung pleaded tightening his hold on Jungkook's arm.

He halted for a second trying to think like suddenly the bulb of his brain got the circulation of electrons and lighted up,"Her question makes me remember my ex. The feeling I felt when I found her cheating on me." Taehyung let out thoughtfully, scared to hell and that's when it hits Jungkook.

"ENVY!" Jungkook spat out and Taehyung looked at him as if he just saw a God of intelligence right in front of him.

Their moment was cut off when the figure disappeared with a roar of laughter as the dark river emerge with rapid waves shaking the boat. A wave of terror ran through their spine.

"Is this the end? Jesus save us please I swear I'll be a good boy. But wait I'm a good boy, NEVERMIND! GOD PLEASE...!" Taehyung yelled as a drop of tear fell down Jungkook's eyes filled with guilt and sorrow.

That's when the deep cave luminated with light as the rocks shredded away and a golden door parted. They closed there eyes as the sunlight lightened every corner of the cave.

Opening their eyes a view of a clear river surrounding with huge mountains.

Taehyung released a long breath of relief

Taehyung released a long breath of relief. Jungkook dropped himself down on his knees. His heart beating in the speed that it felt like it will explode any second.

Taehyung's eyes soften looking at his terrified vulnerable state,"Hey bun! Don't cry we got this. See we're alive." He stroked his hair softly consoling him as they made their way ahead.

~✿>•<✿~

The boat made their way leading them to a barren piece of land

The boat made their way leading them to a barren piece of land. The chilling breeze made them shiver as they went towards the entrance of the cave.

Few feets away the cave, a shock threw them back like some kind of shield was protecting the place. A voice echoed through the wind making their actions come to a halt.

"For whom you're here?"

Taehyung and Jungkook shared a glance, looking here and there as Jungkook yelled back to the voice, "For my love! Y/N!"

"She called only you, go ahead but he need to stay here!" With that the voice disappeared as the air mumbled, silence taking over.

"No way! I'm not leaving you alone!" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand stopping him from going ahead,"I've came this far hyung. I'm not returning without her." Jungkook pleaded.

Still gripping at his arm Taehyung poked the inside of his cheek as Jungkook looked at him pleading through his teary and desperate eyes,"Promise me you'll come back! PROMISE ME!?"

Jungkook looked at his hyung whose eyes were now brimmed with tears as he felt him tightening his grip on his arm with every single word.

"I'll come back hyung I will and if I don't come back till midnight." Jungkook paused for a while staring deep into Taehyung's eyes,"Promise me you'll leave if I don't come back till midnight."

Taehyung looked at him in disbelief, how could he say such words,"No! Never Jungkook I'm not leaving you here to die!"

The young one came forward holding the older's shoulders as he said,"I'll come back but just promise me you'll not put yourself in danger for me! Please hyung I'm guilty enough!!"

The atmosphere was tense between them as Taehyung was on the verge of a breakdown, too much scared to let go. Moments ago what he witnessed at the river was terrifying him. Jungkook was way too precious for him, he was scared to lose his best friend.

"Jungkook I understand you love her! I can see it in your eyes. But I love you too! You're my only best friend! I can't afford losing you." Taehyung said as his grip on Jungkook's arm tightened as if he was afraid if he let go, he'll loose everything.

"You need to come back at any cost or I'll never be able to forgive myself." Taehyung hugged him tightly, Scared to let go, too many wrong terrifying thoughts lingering his mind. Jungkook caressed his back trying too calm him down.

After sometime Taehyung let go and rummaged through his bag taking out a ear piece, handing it to Jungkook who gave him a questionable look.

"Stay connected to me and report every single thing to me." Taehyung said almost in a warning tone, "Stay in touch and you need to be back remember it!!"

Looking at how corcern Taehyung was, Jungkook put on the ear piece,"I'll get going then!"

"Don't you dare neglect me! And I'm not leaving without you!" Taehyung shouted at his back wiping his tears with one hand, biting at his lower lip hard, he was terrified to the core.

The moment Jungkook move inside the cave leaving Taehyung behind, a wall appeared again, engulfing him into the darkness.

~✿>•<✿~

Authors :
Real adventure starts here💀 Wish that bunny good luck atleast y'all!