Chapter 1: Road Trip

Hey guys! Sonic here, and welcome to the special rewrite arc for RWBYK know as 'RWBYK Vol 2.5: Darkness at Twilight' I've been waiting to do this one and I hope you're exicted to see what I've got in store for you all. To recap on those who forget, this is a special that takes place after the events of Volume 2 and before the start of Volume 3. 

With that out of the way, let's get started!

XXXXXXXX

A girl in white sits alone. Her surroundings match the short sundress and sandals she wears, and the blank sketchpad canvas in her hand.

She reaches over to a white desk, picking up the pencil laying there. With a quick thought, she decides what to draw.

The silent room suddenly comes alive with the skittering sound of pencil on paper, the girl working quickly and efficiently to draw out the picture in her mind

It comes to life within minutes, the girl's deft hand quickly bringing her idea to life. It's a castle, though far from the normal preconceived image of one. This is a twisted fortress, bits and pieces of towers thrusting out of its superstructure more-or-less at random. Some stick straight up, others veer off diagonally, and some had majestic marble towers. Lastly, from the earth around it, long spider-like legs appear, which seem to be made of flexible stone and are used as it's support, completing its menacing look.

The girl shudders just to look at it.

XXXXXXXXXXX

(In Vale)

"Ten tickets, please." Ky asked the person within the ticket booth at the train station.

"Of course, sir. That'll be 200 Lien." The ticket agent spoke, in a feminie voice.

Ky nodded and handed her the amount need, and gain the tickets in return. "Thanks." He told her, before walking away from the booth.

It had been a few days since the since the Grimm had attacked Vale after the Mountain Glenn incident happened. While everyone was able to stop the Grimm, it left a bitter taste in some people's mouth, but that wasn't going to stop our heroes from enjoying their upcoming trip. 

Which now led to Ky walking through the train station having the tickets in hand. After that, he also planned on getting a new outfit, since he iconic one was destroyed in his fight with the Dark Thorn.

After making his way to the exit, a young female voice shouted his name. "Ky!"

Just as the blunette lifted his head up, he's suddenly tackled by a red blur that forced him into the nearby wall and slide down once the momentum is going. Ky shook his head, moaning in the slight pain it caused, then look down at two silver eyes happily staring at him.