sneaking in

Night had already fallen when JJ and Pope got to Topper's house, where the party was hosted.
JJ hated Topper to the bottom of his heart, more than most of the other Kooks, but one thing he had no choice but to admit was that Topper knew how to throw a party. Lights were up everywhere around the mansion, lightning up the sky with bright colors, and music was playing loud from inside the house. The whole Kook Academy was reunited around the pool and in the rooms. A complete crew of assholes, JJ thought as he saw two girls in bikini and high heels walk past him and Pope, laughing and visibly wasted. One of them gave money to a guy, who gave her a little sachet full of white powder, as the other girl was barely holding herself together. The Pogues were weed people, but the rich Kooks were hardcore cocaine worshippers. Two clans, two social classes, two types of drugs.
"Shall we try and sneak in ?" Pope asked, snapping JJ back to reality.
JJ shot a look around them. They were hiding in a bush a few meters from Topper's house, inches from one another. Pope's leg was touching JJ's and as they whispered their faces were closer than usual, causing JJ to lose his shit everytime Pope leaned in to speak.
"The way's free right now," Pope noted. "This is our chance."
Pope got up and ran towards the house.
"No, wait-"
JJ tried to catch his friend's arm but Pope was too fast. He ran to the house and kneeled down under a window, through which Kooks could be seen partying. Pope motioned for JJ to join him. JJ looked around him, sighed, and ran to Pope. He fell right next to his friend, who was discretly looking through the window.
"Okay, what now ?"
Pope and JJ looked around for a strategic door or window they could use to get in without being noticed. JJ saw an open window at the first floor, leading to a room where there was apparently no lights. He gently kicked Pope in the arm and pointed towards the window. Pope nodded.
"How do we get there though ?
- You could climb on me," JJ said. He brought his legs against his chest as a silhouette appeared at the window, yelling mysterious words.
"Yeah but how do you get in then ?
- Don't worry about that. I'll be fine.
- Are you sure about that ?"
JJ smiled softly.
"I'm a Maybank. We always find a way out of the shit we get in.
- Well i'd rather like you don't get into shit though," Pope said, laughing.
JJ laughed.
"Yeah, alright. I'll try."
JJ turned to face Pope, who was looking at him intensely. It made him slightly nervous.
"You, know, about last night-"
Pope was cutted by a loud noise, like glass breaking, and then a high-pitched scream.
"What were you saying ?" JJ asked when he finally breathed again.
"Nevermind. I was just telling you to be careful."
JJ nodded, and Pope patted his shoulder.
"We should start now."
JJ got up, paying attention to do so against the wall and not in front of the window, followed by Pope. They got under the window, which was still open.
"Alright," JJ whispered. "Give me your foot."
Pope carefully placed his foot in JJ's hand as the boy was  in squat position, preparing to lift him up.
"Whenever you're ready."
JJ locked his feet on the ground, finding balance.
"Alright. One, two, three-"
Pope jumped as JJ was getting up, letting out a little cry. Pope raised his hand and catched the bottom of the window's balcony.
"Are you okay ?" JJ asked. Pope nodded, his other hand gripping the balcony.
JJ had never really noticed Pope's arms muscles until he saw him lifting his whole body up to get onto the balcony. The sight gave him butterflies but also made him slightly self-conscious about his own self. Was he even half as beautiful and attractive ? He chased the thought quickly as Pope strided over the balcony and shot a look inside the room.
"Empty ?" JJ asked. Pope nodded.
"How are you going to get inside ?" Pope asked, kneeling behind the balcony to hide from the street.
"I might have an idea," JJ said. "We'll see each other inside.
- But-
- Don't worry about me, Pope. I'll be fine."
A laugh broke out near JJ as the boys fell silent.
"Guess i should leave," JJ murmured. "Try to look for Kie but don't get caught."
He wasn't sure Pope heard him, but he heard his friend murmuring something back which he didn't understand. As the noises were getting closer, JJ ran behind the house.

Pope had never thought Topper could be a One Direction fan.
Yet, the room he was in was definitely Topper's, and the walls were covered in posters of the boysband. It took Pope all of his self-control skills not to laugh or call JJ.
JJ. Pope wondered what the boy's plan was. Despite his friend's request, Pope was worried about him; but he tried not to think about it. He had to concentrate, because if he got caught, he was so dead. Besides, whether it was because he's a Maybank or because he's JJ (or maybe both), JJ was the best at getting out of sticky situations. He was actually a lot smarter and braver than the other Pogues seemed to believe he was. JJ could make the best out of any situation and work it out no matter how shitty it was. Pope admired this side of him.
A picture flashed in his mind. The same as the one he had seen earlier in the day : a streak of blonde hair, flying.
Pope shook his head to chase it. Now was no time to think about that, whatever it was or meant. He had to focus.
Pope's heart skipped a beat as he heard footsteps getting closer to the room, and a familiar voice that got his whole body freezing.
Rafe Cameron.