Part 3

It had been 3 more days and Niall's problem hadn't stopped . He would wake up in soaked sheets and the boys would comfort him every morning. He started to be even more stressed so the boys decided to ask Paul for some help. One morning , Zayn just called Paul and explained everything that was going on . Paul said he was gonna talk to their nurse and call later. That morning , Paul came to their house.

    - Can I talk to Niall ? - He asked as Louis answered the door.

Louis let him in and called out Niall. Niall walked out with an unhappy face. Paul said softly:

    - I've talked to Avery , she said if it has happened more than 2 nights in a row and hasn't stop , you should meet a doctor and have a check. I've made an appointment at a clinic tomorrow afternoon , are you free ?

    - Yeah , I'm not busy tomorrow. - Niall said , the idea of seeing a doctor with that problem didn't make him comfortable.

    - Ok then , I and Avery will pick you up at 2 tomorrow afternoon , ok ? - Paul said . 

Niall just nodded. Paul noticed the embarrasment and stress on his face.

    - Come on , Niall , it's ok , it's gonna be fine. - He said.

Niall just nodded and walked back to his room . Paul sighed , said goodbyes to the boys and left .

The next day was stressful for Niall , he wasn't scared to see the doctor , he was just worried that he might have something that caused him to wet his bed for the rest of his life. Like Paul had said , at 2pm Paul arrived and pick up him for the appointment. Avery was going as well so she could ask the doctor questions that needed to be answered about Niall's problem. There was an awkward silence in the car on the way to the clinic , Niall didn't want to talk to anyone. After 20 minutes , they arrived at the clinic. All 3 of them made their way inside. Paul got him checked in and only 5 minutes later , his name was called.

    - Do you want me to come in with you ? - Paul asked.

Niall nodded , he just didn't want to deal with the awkwardness and embarrasment on his own , Paul would be able to help him. 

Paul and Niall came in the doctor's room as the doctor stood up to greet them.

    - So , why are you here today ? - the doctor asked 

After 10 seconds without Niall's answer , Paul decided that he should help him answer it. 

    - He's been wetting his bed for about ... 12 nights in a row. 

    - Ok , how old are you , Niall ? - the doctor asked , trying to get Niall to talk so he could be more comfortable talking about his problem instead of sitting there hearing the others talking about him.

    - Almost 12 . - Niall answered shortly .

    - Ok. Can I ask you some questions ? 

Niall just nodded.

    - Thank you , just try to remember and tell me as much as possible about the problem , ok ? The first question is : Did you use the bathroom every night before bed ?

    - Yes.

    - Did you maybe feel any urge to use the bathroom during your sleep ?

    - No

   - Did you realize when it started coming out ? 

    - No

    - How did you wake up after you were wet ?

    - Probably because of the wetness 

    - Have you ever had this same problem before ? 

And to Paul's surprise , Niall's answer was 'yes' . He hadn't tell anyone about this before.

    - I had it from when I was 6 to 8 years old

    - Thanks . That was really helpful . - The doctor said - Now , can you lay on that table so I can check your stomach ?

He did and the doctor came and started checking his stomach. After a few minutes he found nothing unusual so he let Niall get down and said: 

    - I think you should go and have an ultrasound for your bladder so we can have a closer look at your bladder. 

He filled a form and told them to give it to the woman in the waiting room

They did and as the woman received the form , she told Niall to drink more water and not to go to the toilet so that he could have a clear ultrasound. The woman left to get things ready while Niall and Paul sat in the waiting room where Avery had been sitting since they arrived and Niall started to drink water . As soon as he felt uncomfortable because of his full bladder he could get in and have the ultrasound. He was trying extremely hard to hold it as he got his ultrasound. As soon as he was done, he asked to go to the toilet . Meanwhile , Paul and Avery were called in the doctor's room to hear the result of the ultrasound .

    - As the ultrasound shows , he just has a weak and small bladder...

    - But he didn't have this problem before , why does he have it now ? - Avery asked

    - Let me explain , he said that he had this when he was 6 . I have met many people like him . It's not uncommon . They would have the problem once every few years until they're completely grown up and the brains have fully developed. It can start to happen when the boy is stressed and you can't do anything  to prevent it from happening. It will stop naturally after 1-3 years since it started.

Paul and Avery were a bit shocked to hear that he would have to deal with it for at least 1 year. Meanwhile , Niall had got out of the bathroom but decided to stay outside. 

    - What should we do now to help him ? - Paul asked

    - Well , the important thing is not to embarrass him , try to support him . In addition , try to avoid cafein , water before bed and remember to use the toilet before bed.  I suggest using pull-ups so he wouldn't feel too bad about it. Before you leave I think I should warn you that usually , before the problem gets better , it gets worse , which means at some point he may start to wet during the day . I just want to tell you so you won't be too shocked. 

Paul and Avery got out of the room after their comversation with the doctor . They said they wanted to tell Niall themselves but really didn't know how to start the conversation and what to tell and what not to tell. 

They simply told Niall it's time to go home and all of them got out to the car.