Part 5

It's been three days since the first night Niall used his pull-up. It hadn't been any better or worse.But he still got quiet emotional when he had an accident. The boys just wanted him to quickly get used to it. 

It was another day at their house. The boys wanted to let Niall sleep but since it was already 11 o' clock , Liam decided to just go and check on him. He knocked on his door and opened it slowly. He saw the blonde hair sticking out of the covers. He went over the bed just wanted to have a look at his cute friend. He saw Niall asleep peacefully on the white bed. Liam ran his hand through Niall's hair and jumped when his hand touched Niall's forehead. It was burning hot. Liam placed his hand on Niall's forehead one more time to make sure he didn't imagine it before running out of the room. On the way out to the living room , he kept running through the memories in his head to seek out the time when Niall had started to get sick. He didn't remember Niall showing any signs of being sick or tired. He was completely fine just the day before. He ran in the living room and started looking for the thermometer. The boys just looked at him in shock.

    - What's wrong ? - Louis asked.

    - Niall's sick. His forehead's very hot. - Liam asnwered quickly , still focused on finding the thermometer.

The other boys started to get worried and ran into Niall's room while Liam was still downstairs looking for it.

The boys entered Niall's room and went over to him. He was fast asleep. Zayn placed a hand on Niall's forehead to feel it and it was exactly what Liam said.

    - Oh god ! It's burning. - Said Zayn quitely.

At that moment , Niall's eyes opened and immediately filled with tears . 

    - Hey , good morning , buddy , how are you feeling ?

Niall didn't respond but tears started rolling down his face. He just woke up in a horrible state . His whole body was shaking, probably because of waking up abruptly in the middle of an intense dream. And the other boys were just right next to him , that made him jumped a bit. The most horrible thing was that he wasn't feeling good at all. His breaths were heavy , his heart were beating very fast . His head was experiencing dizziness and headache and his eyes were fuzzy. He felt very unbalanced even though he was lying still on the bed. He panicked , getting more scared every second. He just hoped that he didn't wake up.

    - It's ok ! We know you're sick, just lay there , everything will be alright. - Louis reassured him since they saw his tears.

At that moment , Liam ran in with the thermometer in his hand. 

    - Oh , good morning , Niall. It's ok , you'll be fine. - Liam said softly.

He went to the side of Niall's bed and put the thermometer on Niall's forehead to get his temperature. Niall closed his eyes to see if it made him any better. It didn't work , so he opened them again, slightly calmed down a bit since he had all his lads there with him. 

    - Niall , can you tell us how you're feeling ? - Zayn asked.

    - Dizzy , headache , a bit fuzzy and ... weak. - Niall answered quitely and shortly. 

    - Thanks , buddy.

    - Oh god , 38.5 , this is not ok - Liam said - I'll get some medicine.

Liam ran out of the room to find something to ease the temperature down, the other still stayed in the room. Louis suddenly remembered something as he scanned Niall ( who was still had his blankets on ) from head to toe .

    - Niall , you need a change ? - he asked gently.

Niall blushed and said a quite 'yes'. Then he made an attempt to sit up but because of the dizziness , he fell back down. Zayn caught him and laid him back down on his bed

    - It's ok , just lay there , we'll change you.

Harry went over to his drawers and got a pull-up along with wipes. When he came back, Niall just looked at the boys with teary eyes :

    - I can't wear boxers , can I ? 

    - Of course you can if you want, mate, but don't you think you're too dizzy to get up to use the toilet ? Using it will be easier , right ? - Zayn said softly.

    - Alright . - Niall mumbled

They quickly changed him to avoid any embarassment for him. As they finished , Liam came back with a sport bottle of milk . 

    - Niall , I've crushed the pill in the milk so it'd be easier to drink, just drink it all and try to sleep , ok ?

Harry held it so Niall could drink while lying on the bed. He got sleepy as he drank it and he fell asleep just as he finished the milk. They took the bottle away and moved to the other side of the room 

    - Our poor little lad ... - Louis said quitely.

    - I'll stay here keeping an eye on him, you guys just go do your thing. - Liam said, decided to stay there to look after Niall.

    - Oh, Harry, can you get me a cooling patch ? It might help his temperature. - Liam called as the others were about to leave the room.

Harry came back with a box of them and Liam just went over and place one on Niall's forehead.

Liam just sat in the corner of the room reading a book while keeping an eye on a sleeping Niall. About 1 and a half hour later, he heard sounds coming from Niall's direction. He came over. Niall just woke up playing with his little fingers, still a bit tired. 

    - Hi, sleepy boy, how are you feeling ? - Liam asked as he placed a hand on Niall's neck, glad that he had cooled down a bit.

    - Hungry.. 

    - Ok, I'll get you something to eat, ok ? 

Liam ran off to the kitchen happily as Niall had asked for food , it was a good sign that he was becoming better. As he came to the kitchen, he met Zayn and told him to come back with Niall while he prepared Niall's food.

    - Hey, good to see you, lad, you're better ? - Zayn said as he came into the room.

    - I guess..

Zayn started to change Niall . As he finished, Liam came in with a bowl of soup for Niall. They helped Niall to sit up and eat his soup. He felt a lot better after the meal.

 That late afternoon, Niall could walk around to get what he needed. With the others looking after him over the night, he got better and was back to normal the next day.