Chapter Five - Undecided

What happened after the events we discussed about was fairly obvious. But if you'd like to have your memory jogged, it involved a tiny bit of gore here and there. If that didn't jump start your dead brain cells, I don't know what will.

Blaine theorizes that the possibility of the woman entering his house originally had little to do with assault – that she was there for something specific, although we still haven't placed what that might be. I cannot back his theory because of something she had said to me, moments before departing for good from the land of the living.

They should have told me you were a fucking boneheaded bitch.

They.

Those probably weren't her exact words, but sometimes you got to fill in the blanks for things that even a ruthless killer might be too humble to spell out to their soon to be victim, although it wasn't how it played out in the end.

I decide it would be best if I keep the others in the dark about what she had said, at least until we get rid of the corpse that is rotting downstairs. I don't want the impending threat of us being hunted down by a villainous mob to throw us off our game.

'Did she demand anything at all when she tied you two up?' Luca questioned Sloane and Blaine. 'If she came for something specific, she must have tortured you for information, yes?'

'No... she did none of that, she was focussed on finding Isla first. Like I said before, she said she'd deal with us afterwards, so that probably meant interrogating us, and having us killed later,' Sloane adds.

I could feel my eyes pulsating. It's probably a side effect of the pain meds from earlier. They did warn me I had to rest.

'Enough of all this, it's bumming me out. Let's clean up before the blood dries up,' I announce.

'B-but we don't have a plan!' exclaims Sloane.

'Planning is for screen writers and pyramid schemers,' I reply, raising my good arm as a signal to help me get on my feet.

Mouth agape for a second, she goes 'I'm not even going to complain, that was a good one,' while Luca helps me up.

'I know,' I mouth.

'So... bleach?' asks Blaine without dropping a beat. I nod. Speaking of, Blaine appeared to have manned up, now that his childhood bully joined our little party. Regardless, they seemed to be on good terms now, though probably not the best of it.

We walk downstairs, and I stop in right in front of the lifeless figure at my feet. The others tread behind me and I hear Sloane gag.

'Still think we don't need a plan?' Sloane asks with a weak, mocking tone. Let me give you some insight about her obsession with having a plan - she's the type that has their whole life planned out all the way until their funeral, while I played roulette with my life eating expired food because I forgot to get the groceries.

Ignoring her simply because I don't want her to have the satisfaction of having been correct, I direct a question at Blaine. 'Blaine, do you have any garbage bags? And gloves too.'

'I think I've got some bags around, but I'm not so sure about gloves,' he replied.

'That's fine, we'll make do. Also, a fresh bedsheet too.' I add the latter, just in case we need it. I guess things would have been easier if we had plotted this out before.

'Sponges too,' adds Luca. He then goes in search of the items we asked him to bring. Sloane too goes in search of the spilsh-splosh cleaner that I forgot the name of that we bought loads of earlier today.